Out of gas during fundies class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbackdiver1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Day 1.

After a long day of class we decided to drive to the place I keep our dive truck and bring it to the LDS to save time the following day. The instructor and I sat in wing n wing position in the front seat and our other teammates were in the two position wing n wing in the vehicle behind us. About 2 kms from the dive shop the truck ran out gas. Thankfully our teammates in close proximity were able to immediately assess the situation and provide the necessary assistance and rendered their reserve gas. All went well and we arrived at the LDS ready to go diving the next day.

On a more serious note the class went well. Gideon is an excellent diver and outstanding instructor. The best training I have had to date. Very happy that we were able to organize the class, provide all the equipment and logistics without any issues. This was the first step in getting a dive community together here in Taiwan that wants to dive within the GUE protocols. There was a total of four of us from different parts of the world, me (USA), 1 Canadian, 1 Taiwanese (my wife) and 1 person from Luxemburg. Fortunately we all going to be here in Taiwan for at least the next 3 years so that means we have some dive buddies and will be able to practice our skills. We all passed (well my wife has to work on her swimming skills a little).

The final dive was a fun dive at one of the more challenging shore dive sights (Pill Box 1). We encountered 5 cuttlefish, 3 female that were laying eggs and 2 males in the wing. Visibility throughout all the dives was about 20 meters, water temp 25C. The wind was whipping offshore at 50knots the entire time.

Already looking for an opening in the upcoming tech 1 classes...

Congratulations!

The coolest thing about taking Fundies is that the true value of the class only becomes apparent over the next months, as you work together with your buddies and build a diving team. It just gets better from here!

Funny story. :D
Sounds like you enjoyed the class.

I guess you swerve back and forth very quickly, so the headlights convey the problem . . . :)

I guess you swerve back and forth very quickly, so the headlights convey the problem . . . :)

:rofl3::rofl3:

That's pretty good....

LOL! He better be wearing a DUI when performing this move - if a cop sees him he will surely get one. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom