Our World Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjach

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am new to diving, having just been certified 6 months ago. I am looking forward to going to the OWU show in a few weeks. I was wondering if they have show specials on dive equipment, such as BCD's and regulators? I heard there are deals on vacation packages, but haven't heard much about equipment. I have my eye on some Scubapro equipment, and the LDS sure don't budge on their prices when it comes to Scubapro.
Thanks

Not much on equipment specials. Most dive store will bring the junk they can't get rid of on a normal day. You won't get much off Scubapro stuff. They are pretty firm with LDS's keeping to the MSRP. OWU is more of a social event than a trade show.

Hey, Moriarity- quit with the negative vibes, will'ya?

This is a great opportunity to look at what the manufacturers bring, take a look at some lines of gear that you may not have seen, or maybe just not seen the full line offered.

You can sniff, scratch, try on, fiddle around and ask questions at the manufacturer's booths. There will also be various LDS (Local Dive Shops) so that you might see what lines the various stores have, maybe do some comparison shopping.

Check out the resorts and islands that you have heard of... there's a whole big world out there connected to the arm-of-the-ocean that we call Lake Michigan!

I have found some great bargains at retail dive shows (versus just at DEMA, the "pro" show), there are several of them around the country~ I have tried to repeatedly attend them all. Some of my finds were spectacular ($180 price ranges masks or fins picked up for 50% off) and some were just plain good deals on little trinkets. As with any such endeavor, you have to know your prices before you can negotiate or know when to jump.

Go, have fun, pick up some brochures. Don't forget~ there's a whole big show there beyond the show sales floor! Check out the seminars and films, too!

Save some money. Park down in the METRA lot near the train station two blocks North, then walk over to the expo center. Convention center parking is the cost of a new reg set- and have a snack before you get there!

Full agreement with Roatanman. The seminars and workshops are great...and the show is cool looking at all the stuff.

Besides...its scuba...splurg a bit on yourself!

The exhibit area shouldnt take but an hour or more, but check out the seminars. For me, the exhibits are the secondary reason to go.

I will be watching the Roatan Charter (CoCoView/Utila Lodge and others) booth for an hour while my pal Tim takes a lunch break at the Rosemont Expo Center, both days in theory.

The parking is a flat fee, $11 for a wholae day...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom