Our World Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or, if you don't mind a few block walk, parking is $2 or less in the CTA lot south.
I'll be there tomorrow about 11AM.

garyfotodiver:
Or, if you don't mind a few block walk, parking is $2 or less in the CTA lot south.

For the hearty and warm blooded, that lot is to the North of the Expo Hall, North of the Hyatt and the expressway overpass. Is it worth the hike to save $9? Not for my wife's cold tootsies!

Anyone who is reading this on Sunday- if you are local, do come by! It's one of the better "consumer" dive shows (versus the Pro Show, DEMA).

I had never met Greg Holt from SCUBA Radio and I promised him that I would go on the microphone with him and talk about my new inventions of Underwater GPS and the Ikelite housing I designed for the PADI eRDP. Fascinating. :eyebrow:

Eat before you come, not only are the Expo Center's prices insane, but there is only one food stand and the line was (no joke) a 35 minute wait.

The silent auction had a lot of very unusual high dollar stuff. The coolest "cheap plastic cr@p giveaway stuff" might have been the little keychain diver guy from Viking Drysuits.

The single coolest booth? The Cousteau Dive Gear Museum. A young man who is savvy in the ways of the world and personal politics has broken through the years of post partum antimosity of the crew of the Calypso and has begun to assemble a donated collection of their dive gear. Bless him for his foresight.

I might have a low threshold of amusement, but I walked up and down the aisles repeatedly for three hours and greeted old (and new SCUBABoard) friends. With all the socializing and gawking, I rarely make it to the seminars or films. My loss.

Check for your local dive show in your area. Show up, have some fun. Most importantly....bring someone new along to discover your favorite sport!

RoatanMan:
For the hearty and warm blooded, that lot is to the North of the Expo Hall, North of the Hyatt and the expressway overpass. Is it worth the hike to save $9? Not for my wife's cold tootsies!

Anyone who is reading this on Sunday- if you are local, do come by! It's one of the better "consumer" dive shows (versus the Pro Show, DEMA).

I had never met Greg Holt from SCUBA Radio and I promised him that I would go on the microphone with him and talk about my new inventions of Underwater GPS and the Ikelite housing I designed for the PADI eRDP. Fascinating. :eyebrow:

Eat before you come, not only are the Expo Center's prices insane, but there is only one food stand and the line was (no joke) a 35 minute wait.

The silent auction had a lot of very unusual high dollar stuff. The coolest "cheap plastic cr@p giveaway stuff" might have been the little keychain diver guy from Viking Drysuits.

The single coolest booth? The Cousteau Dive Gear Museum. A young man who is savvy in the ways of the world and personal politics has broken through the years of post partum antimosity of the crew of the Calypso and has begun to assemble a donated collection of their dive gear. Bless him for his foresight.

I might have a low threshold of amusement, but I walked up and down the aisles repeatedly for three hours and greeted old (and new SCUBABoard) friends. With all the socializing and gawking, I rarely make it to the seminars or films. My loss.

Check for your local dive show in your area. Show up, have some fun. Most importantly....bring someone new along to discover your favorite sport!

The old Cousteau gear was really cool.

That show is really evil to occur in the middle of winter. I felt sorry for some of the people in the boots from warm weather spots.

Just came back and the CTA lot is to the north ( I forgot my compass), it is three dollars (price went up since last year), and the walk wasn't bad at all. The money we saved bought my two kids a snack at the inflated exhibition prices.

After all, midwest divers are accustomed to being cold, aren't we?

stevenq99:
The old Cousteau gear was really cool.

The tie for the wackiest booth product? The underwater fishing pole.

It is what it is named. It's a fishing pole with a reel that you use while underwater.

You got me, guys. :rofl3:

RoatanMan:
The tie for the wackiest booth product? The underwater fishing pole.

It is what it is named. It's a fishing pole with a reel that you use while underwater.

You got me, guys. :rofl3:

LOL I saw that...almost stopped to ask. Then I figured if I even talked to the guy, I'd get a headache... :D

RoatanMan:
Save some money. Park down in the METRA lot near the train station two blocks North, then walk over to the expo center. Convention center parking is the cost of a new reg set- and have a snack before you get there!

Hey RoatanMan...Thanks for the Excellent Tip on Parking. Great show good to meet you and thanks for the info on COCO View.:D :D

The fishing pole was strange, but it workes. Not for me, but still interesting.

Great seminars, missed out on the workshops. Never again! I have already blocked for time off for next year's show.

Back
Top Bottom