Our Logo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i like the center color, maybe a deeper sea blue on the outer? like scubaboards background.
or should the logo be circular?

i like the font and the alpha dd flags.
it really makes the logo stand out.

something is up with the ship?
maybe rotate it 90 deg left.
You could probably get it to sit dead center pa and use the tip of the mast in the y or i on the logo if it doesn't fit.

maybe a black silhouette diver, inside ny.
someting for nj, maybe. a lobster or two?

maybe widen the width of the ring and throw some cord around the edges like a lifesaver.

maybe it's too busy now? hmmm.

maybe time for another beer or two. :boozer::boozer:
or whatever else that was i had.

oh, and broadening up the states, like matt mentioned, sounds good. hiccup...

maybe it's too busy now?
That's what I'm thinking. I think all the elements are in place, just need a little nudging though.

The final probably won't have any color in the background. It will be transparent once it's on the site. I like the center color. I think made change it to a blue that matches the color of the water on the site once that's done. Or maybe blue baove the states and a sandy color below them.

so it wouldnt be an easy thing to rotate the ship
and try it out?

sure we could rotate it a little. I was thinking of making it a little smaller anyway. I just wouldn't ad anything to it at this point.

logo-screen1.jpg

logo-screen2.jpg

Here are the 2 finals for the site. Made the boat a little smaller and rotated. Changed the color of he diver. Tweeked the shadows and the color in the center.

I like the first one, the rusted metal look is kind of cool, but since it's hard to read at smaller sizes, I'd go with the second one.

And here's the simplified version for printing. I had to use a different diver, because the reolution on the other one was way too low.
logo-print.gif

Yeah, the rusty metal one is hard to read.

With the ship, I was originally thinking tilted more left, so the starboard gunwhale and the bottom of the keel are horizontal, like it was lying at the bottom.
I also thought it would look good taking up a lot of that dead gray space of pennsylvania.

My favorite is still this one:
attachment.php

Maybe the diver should be black...

mwilding once bubbled...
My favorite is still this one:
attachment.php

Maybe the diver should be black...
So far that's my favorite too.

Now that I look at them side by side I like the larger boat better too. And the diver is way too small in mine when you shrink it down.

I posted some new ones, though. They are very close to the original, just with the shadows tweeked a little, a bevel on the ring, and the diver a different color (his trim is better too!).

Also one with an alternate diver and one of each with that rust texture in the middle of the ring instead of the teal.

I like the teal better I think, but the rust may make it pop out more once it's on the web site. I also posted a new print version of the logo too.

They are all at Wreck Valley Logos

Grunzster, I like version 1a the best now. I like what you did with the border circle.. nice job with the shadows! The only hting is that the diver I think is not working well when it's dark like this. Other than that, I think it's a keeper.

Oh, and the print version is perfect, imo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom