Our Logo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe the final one should run more vertical. That way it isn't upside down, but you'll still be able to see the top of the ship, where the most detail is.

Well, I tried Martin's idea, still a VERY rough version. I don't really like it. As I thought, NJ looks ok, but PA and NY are unrecognizable.

I was going to try the other idea I had of making the river form the valley, but I think it will be WAY too off centered, if you look at how far to the right of the 3 states the Delaware is.

Still working on getting a better boat, couldn't find a model, may try to actually create it in 3D, or just draw one from scratch.

logo2.gif

given the font and color scheme, I would thing thicker lines on the states and a slightly more cartoonish ship would be better... It would also look better in a smaller version that way to...

Well as I said in the final the ship will be illustrated to match the rest of the design, BUT...

Do you mean really cartoon as in unrealistic proportions?

Cause that actually sounds like a cool idea!

Here are 2 versions. Everything is cleaned up, I used the suggestion of using a cartoonish ship (based off the Doria), and a few other little changes from the rough version.

I like th second one better, even thought the first one sits on top of the states better. Maybe it just needs a shadow and a hole in the bottom of the ship?

logo_f1.gif

logo_f2.gif

how about this one? it's about Wrecks too, isn't it? Although I am thinking to change diver to make it more Horizontal to make it more DIR, you know...

grunzster! nice work. I like the tipped ship, sicne it's about a Wreck! the other one looks nice too, but it's less apparent that it's a about wrecks or wreck diving...

grunzster once bubbled...
Here are 2 versions. Everything is cleaned up, I used the suggestion of using a cartoonish ship (based off the Doria), and a few other little changes from the rough version.

I like th second one better, even thought the first one sits on top of the states better. Maybe it just needs a shadow and a hole in the bottom of the ship?

logo_f1.gif

logo_f2.gif

Back
Top Bottom