OTC med help ... anyone coming to bonaire SOON

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiveTheDream

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Here in BonAire, diving is wonderful.

Unfortunately I've misplaced my Mucinex. If you are arriving soon, is there some one willing to buy me a couple boxes and bring it ASAP... this Saturday's flight hopefully?

I can meet you at buddy dive or wherever. I'll buy you a beer, pay you AND you bank good dive karma!!

Please contact me soonest.

All I could find here is liquid cough syrup. Any other advice appreciated.

Thanks!

You should be able to get it there but it'll be a weird brand name or even more likely Dutch. Go to a botika and ask to look at the cold and allergy med boxes. See if you can find one that is....guaifenesen (sp?). With a little perseverance and luck you'll likely be rewarded.

Might try:
Bonaire Pharmacies:
Botica Bonaire
N.V. Kaya Grandi 27
Tel: +599 717 8905
Fax: +599 717 8063

Botica Korona
Kaya Korona 180
Tel: +599 717 7552
Fax: +599 717 4855
I've been to the first one. I think they'd probably have something. And they spoke English.

Mucinex is a brand name, not a specific product. The specific product could have in it Guaifenesin (expectorant), Dextromethorphan (cough suppressant), Pseudoephedrine HCI (decongestant), Fexofenadine HCl (antihistamine), Acetaminophen (headaches), Phenylephrine (decongestant), Diphenhydramine (antihistamine), and maybe other stuff, in various combinations and dosages.

Your best bet it to go to Botica and NOT ask for Mucinex, but rather tell them what problem you want solved....and they'll likely offer you something that has one or more of the above list in it.

I gotcha covered, Name Brand bringing will arrive Saturday. :diver:

Hi all,

Here in BonAire, diving is wonderful.

Unfortunately I've misplaced my Mucinex. If you are arriving soon, is there some one willing to buy me a couple boxes and bring it ASAP... this Saturday's flight hopefully?

I can meet you at buddy dive or wherever. I'll buy you a beer, pay you AND you bank good dive karma!!

Please contact me soonest.

All I could find here is liquid cough syrup. Any other advice appreciated.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom