Oregon man shot in head while snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having fished that river on more than a few occasions, I would wager that the person that shot him was taking seals...... It is good steelheading in that area right now and has really good salmon and striped bass fishing as well. I have seen many seals out there. And many of the old fisherman that I fished with mentioned doing stuff like this. Don't make the mistake of thinking 'country', 'hillbilly' and 'redneck' are synonomous with stupid. Some of these guys make a living off of the fish.......

That being said, this guy was either stupid, or so stupid that he thought he would get away with it.

H2Andy:
look, i don't mean to be a downer, but people get killed from careless gun use

some of the stuff these guys do scare the crap out of me

People get killed from careless vehicle use. Are we turning this into a thread on gun control?

downdeep:
Are we turning this into a thread on gun control?

you're the first one to go there...

it's irresponsible gun owners that give the rest of us a bad name

and people get killed

if this idiot had bothered to check what he was shooting at, none of this would have happened

H2Andy:
you're the first one to mention the words...

and people get killed

if this idiot had bothered to check what he was shooting at, none of this would have happened

I agree with Andy, it's exactly incidents like this that provide the ammo for gun control advocates.

Lets be honest, somebody doesn't run their car into a person then have people speculate that maybe the guy was really trying to run into a cow instead and got the person by accident...

H2Andy:
you're the first one to go there...

and people get killed

Then we are in agreement.

And so it is with anyone who inadvertently takes the life of another - through whatever means.

I would rather control dumb people instead of guns specifically, but I remember a group of people getting into a bit of trouble over eugenics.

I'm still stuck on the snorkeling in Oregon in Feburary???? Do they make dry suits for snorkelers nowaday's?? Or did this guy have a 1/2" of neoprene and a ton of lead ???

downdeep:
An AAA member? :D Blasphemy!

Trying to deny your Southern heritage?
Does the Appalachian Mountain Club count?
I have another long boring story about this sort of thing, but it will have to wait

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom