Oregon man shot in head while snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes it's out of stupidity, sometimes pure accident, other times it's just plain maliciousness.

Sometimes its just a maliciously stupid accident. I hope the snorkeler recovers completely. I wonder if this was a translated 'get off my damn lawn' thing.

Charlie,

I bet lunch that's exactly what happened. Seal hating is a way of life for fishermen in this neck of the woods. Then he panicked and threw the gun and ran....

to be fair who would expect someone to be snorkeling in Oregon in Feb?

then again why be fair? What did he need to shoot at anything in the river with ahandgun for anyhow?

cerich:
to be fair who would expect someone to be snorkeling in Oregon in Feb?

one of the key tenets of gun safety is to always know your traget and what's beyond it

assuming an error here, this guy obviously did not make sure of what his target was, and shot with insufficient information about his target

:no

Down here, we paint our snorkels gunhunter ORANGE, so that the turtle shooters, and the frog spearers, and the gator trappers don't kill us.

Nothing like snorkling in the Tannic no vis Everglades:eyebrow:

Cheers:D

Mike

come to think of it, my first snorkel has hi-vis orange at the tip

and may I had, may this guy recover to see the jerk who did this be sentenced

H2Andy:
one of the key tenets of gun safety is to always know your traget and what's beyond it

assuming an error here, this guy obviously did not make sure of what his target was, and shot with insufficient information about his target

:no

reminds me of hunters I've heard talking about all they got that season was some "sound shots" the heard the deer/moose but didn't see it so they shot at the sound...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom