Orca Bait March Dive ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ:
I see you've figured out how to embed pictures.

I like the first picture of the lingcod. What type of camera setup are you using?
Cannon A70. Unfortunately, most of the pictures ended up a bit out of focus. Now going back and reading on the photography board, I see I should have set my camera to Macro mode to get better focusing. Oh well, something to try next time.

Thanks,
Jason

Snowbear:
Wow - looks like viz was awesome.... Sorry I had to miss it :17:

Vis at Keystone wasn't bad ... maybe 20 feet or so. I stayed up there and did a night dive at Langley, and vis was better than 50 feet! From the edge of the tire reef I could shine my light all the way to the fishing pier pilings. I haven't seen vis like that since I was in Bonaire last year ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Snowbear:
GratefulBob - did you find a buddy to dive the San Juans with on Sunday?

Sorry I had to bug out on you :frown:

No ... after the Orca Bait dive I went over to Camp Casey for the rest of the week-end and helped with the specimen collections for the Seattle-Pacific University aquarium.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

JasonH20:
Took my camera out yesterday, and here are some shots I took at Keystone.

Enjoy!
Jason
Very Nice, Jason. I'm impressed. My favorite was the painted greenling (I assume that's what it was). What kind of housing and strobe are you using with your Canon?

Jerry

Ron, Bob, we didn't see you at DP. We went DOWN at predicted slack. This worked out well and since we had live boats we could just go one way. The current did change maybe 35 minutes into the dive but it was not strong enough to bring us back to the beach before our gas ran low. Next time I think we will go down 10 minutes AFTER predicted slack. Vis was ok.

jeffkruse2000:
Ron, Bob, we didn't see you at DP. We went DOWN at predicted slack. This worked out well and since we had live boats we could just go one way. The current did change maybe 35 minutes into the dive but it was not strong enough to bring us back to the beach before our gas ran low. Next time I think we will go down 10 minutes AFTER predicted slack. Vis was ok.

Some people's schedules changed, and they couldn't make it. So the rest of us decided to make alternative plans.

Jimmie and I ended up at Day Island Wall for the morning dive. Then I went up to Keystone and dived with Jason for the Orca Bait dive. Then I spent the rest of the week-end up at Camp Casey with the Emerald Seas Dive Club doing specimen collections for the aquarium. Actually, my most memorable dive was at the most boring dive site ... Langley Tire Reef ... because vis was the best I've seen in Puget Sound in perhaps two years. It was a night dive, and I could shine my light at least 50 feet and still clearly see the subject.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

geraldp:
Very Nice, Jason. I'm impressed. My favorite was the painted greenling (I assume that's what it was). What kind of housing and strobe are you using with your Canon?

Jerry
I'm off in DC this week, so I can't get the model number off my enclosure. :wink: But it's the only one I'm aware of for the Cannon A70. I just used the built in camera flash, so no "strobe" so to speak. I tried taking some pictures of the general landscape, but those didn't turn out at all. The only pictures worth seeing were at very close range. Hence next time I will just set the camera to Macro mode and be happy taking close ups.

Thanks,
Jason

jeffkruse2000:
Ugh...

After looking forward to this dive for most of a year, I'm really, really bummed I didn't get to do DP again this year, especially with conditions so ideal.
:17: :17: :17:

Oh well. Maybe someday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom