Orca Bait February dive - Feb. 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I spoke to Rick and we have, at a minimum, the OceanQuest ... which holds a max of 8 divers. He's going to try to upgrade us to either the NakNek or Sampan, each of which will hold 14 divers.

Cost is $65 for a two-tank trip. Tides are awesome that morning, so one dive will be either Sunrise or Day Island Wall. We'll determine the other site depending on weather conditions on the day of the dive.

Again this is for Saturday, Feb. 19. We'll meet the boat at the Point Defiance (Tacoma) marina ... next to the Vashon Island ferry dock ... at 8 AM.

First 8 to sign up are in ... and we can start a "waiting list" for cancellations, or if we can arrange a bigger boat.

I'm in ... seven spots left ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'll get to dive my new DSS bp/w then. So, don't make fun of me....

Ok, you can make fun of me.

Oh, yea... Count me in (do I pay bandito directly?)

Toby

Not sure if these dives are beginner friendly, but if so I'm in. Maybe I'll even have all my own gear by then! :)

Well... they really are not what I would call beginner dives. The wall at Day Island starts at ~50' and goes to 100' and then slopes much deeper. Sunrise is a much smaller wall but the currents can be an issue there though not as critical with a live boat. If we end up doing Dalco Wall then that is deeper than Day Island.

I'm in.

I think Jason will be o.k. I'll do an eval hopefully on Saturday and see where he is. As long as his buoyancy is o.k. in blue water then he should be fine.

Jason, you'll be OK ... might want a larger cylinder to extend bottom-time, but we can work that out beforehand.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uncle Pug:
Well... they really are not what I would call beginner dives. The wall at Day Island starts at ~50' and goes to 100' and then slopes much deeper. Sunrise is a much smaller wall but the currents can be an issue there though not as critical with a live boat. If we end up doing Dalco Wall then that is deeper than Day Island.

I think OE2X would agree with me that Jason is well ahead of the curve in terms of skills for someone with his experience level. I'd be comfortable doing any of these dives with him ... especially from a live boat.

FWIW - I recently helped a friend with an AOW class, and Dalco Wall was where we took the students for their deep dive. You don't have to go deep on this wall, as the top goes along between 20 and 35 fsw. And the current runs parallel to the wall ... haven't yet experienced any down-currents there.

Besides, there's very little exchange that day ... so it's doubtful that current will be a factor at all.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom