Orca Bait February dive - Feb. 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two tanks ... and EAN32 is definitely appropriate for at least the first dive (which I think will be Day Island Wall).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well they've got three boats... so I'm in and paid for on the 19th. I may not be on your boat, but maybe I'll be able to at least wave at yall on the dock! On occasion I've seen two Bandito boats tied next to each other at a dive site, so that might happen as well.

Jerry

geraldp:
Well they've got three boats... so I'm in and paid for on the 19th. I may not be on your boat, but maybe I'll be able to at least wave at yall on the dock! On occasion I've seen two Bandito boats tied next to each other at a dive site, so that might happen as well.

Jerry

LOL - Rick told me he has a total of 12 charters that week-end. That's all three boats, twice a day for both Saturday and Sunday. Wave and holler ... we'll be on the OceanQuest.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Just spoke to Rick ... and confirmed that we are on OceanQuest, so we have a full boat.

Those who signed up are ...

NWGrateful Diver
Lamont
Uncle Pug
Kalvyn
Fireboat57
JasonH2O
OE2X
Xarifa

Please make sure you are going to be there, or let me know ASAP (we have two people on the waiting list).

Cost is $65 per diver. Dive sites are Day Island Wall and Sunrise.

Meet time is 8 AM at the Point Defiance Marina. Try to get there a bit early so as to be able to offload and park your car in a timely manner.

Directions for those who need them ...

- I-5 South to Rt. 16 (Gig Harbor, Tacoma Narrows).
- Rt. 16 West to the 6th Ave. exit.
- Left at the bottom of the ramp. Under the highway, and right onto Pearl St.
- Follow Pearl St. to the end ... at the entrance to Point Defiance Park, take the right fork toward the ferry.
- Go to the end of the road. The meeting spot is the parking lot just to the right of the ferry slip.

See you Saturday morning ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I apologize for the short notice, but I am going to have to pull out of the dive on Saturday. If you can't get one of the people on the waiting list let me know and I'll get the money to Bandito for my spot.

I had some trouble clearing last night on the dive with Bob and this morning I woke up with some kind of upper resp. problem.

Let me know what I owe or at least how the dive was.

Thanks - Toby

JasonH20:
Probably not during our night dive on Wednesday,

Just becoming a regular on SB so I can't make the waiting list for Saturday but let me know when you get together for the next boat dive. (Damn I even have a two tank charter coin!)

Jason, do you have a regular (or semi-regular) Wednesday night group going?

NWGD situation changed and I don't have to move out of state. I get to stay near salt water. Really didn't want to leave the PNW anyway. We'll talk.

DavidG:
I don't specifically, but I think some combination of NWGD, OE2X, Uncle Pug, Lamont, Kaylvn, and others are pretty much diving several times every week. I'm discoverying that we are blessed with some real scuba freaks (and I mean that in a good way) around here! I don't think you'll have any problems finding someone to night dive with if you ask around. Hopefully I can make it to another night dive too. :)

DavidG:
Just becoming a regular on SB so I can't make the waiting list for Saturday but let me know when you get together for the next boat dive. (Damn I even have a two tank charter coin!)

NWGD situation changed and I don't have to move out of state. I get to stay near salt water. Really didn't want to leave the PNW anyway. We'll talk.

Cool! Let's go diving. We don't have a "regular" night to dive, just post here when you want to go and someone (probably several someones) will want to dive that night ... chances are I'll be one of them ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Fireboat57:
I apologize for the short notice, but I am going to have to pull out of the dive on Saturday. If you can't get one of the people on the waiting list let me know and I'll get the money to Bandito for my spot.

I had some trouble clearing last night on the dive with Bob and this morning I woke up with some kind of upper resp. problem.

Let me know what I owe or at least how the dive was.

Thanks - Toby

No worries Toby. Sorry you can't make it, but take care of yourself and let's get out when you're feeling better.

I've PM'ed DoubleDip ... he's first on the waiting list.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey, thanks everyone for the great dives this morning. Weather was awesome, and the dives even better.

As a new diver, I must say Day Island Wall was a spectacular sight. We started out cruising along the sandy bottom (just like every other dive I've ever done) and then Holly Cow! A sheer drop off into the abyss! It was a bit unnerving heading down out past the wall at first, but well worth it.

The second dive at Sunrise I thought was even better. The reef there is just a mass of cool critters to check out. Lots of little nooks and crannies to peek in. I need to appoligize to my buddy though, he kept asking me if I was cold, and I kept responding I was OK (enjoying the dive too much I think). After he asked a few times, it dawned on me maybe he was cold!

Oh and to NWGD and Uncle Pug, I figured out a major reason for my trim problems... I think Bob and I must have been tripped out from the glue putting on my dry suit pockets the other night when putting my BP/W together . I'm bit embarrassed to admit this, but we failed to properly attach the wing to the BP on the bottom hole. The top was fine, but on the bottom I put the bolt through the slot on the side of the eye hole. Not sure if that makes sense, but the result was the bottom of the wing was shifted over 3-4 inches one way. No wonder I kept rolling over! :11: Rinsing off my equipment I saw this and muttered to my self, "what the Hell!". I have nooo idea how I didn't notice this until after the dives, but anyways it's fixed now and I'm sure I'll find my new BP/W works much better now!

Thanks again Bob for setting this up and everyone else for making it a great dive trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom