Orca Bait February dive - Feb. 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks NWGD and OE2X for the vote of confidence!

Probably not during our night dive on Wednesday, but maybe on an other weekend before the 19th I can go out with one of you and do a "deep" dive and also practice a blue water descent and ascent. On the descent, give me a depth to shoot for and have me stop there for a minute and see how I do? Then do a blue water ascent rather than following the shore back in, and I'll try to hang at 15 feet for the safety stop without the bottom around for reference. Then we can decide if I'm ready for these dives?

That being said, I have no problems skipping out this time. As it is, I'm getting more opportunities to dive that I have time to dive. Just promise to do another OB charter boat a few months down the road and I can join up for that one. :)

Thanks,
Jason

First 8 to sign up are in ... and we can start a "waiting list" for cancellations, or if we can arrange a bigger boat.

I'm in ... seven spots left ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm in!

I'll sign-up, Its about time I got to know some of the more active board members in the area. PM with the details....

Hi DoubleDip ... right now the boat's full. :(

If we manage to get "bumped" to a larger boat ... or if there's a cancellation ... you're first on the list.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Hi DoubleDip ... right now the boat's full. :(

If we manage to get "bumped" to a larger boat ... or if there's a cancellation ... you're first on the list.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
How and when do I have to pay for the trip?

Thanks,
Jason

Put me on the waiting list ... Thanks

The current roster for the trip is ...

NWGrateful Diver
Lamont
Uncle Pug
Kalvyn
Fireboat57
JasonH2O
OE2X
Xarifa

If there's a cancellation ... or if Rick can somehow free up one of the bigger boats ... the "waiting list" (so far) is ...

DoubleDip
UWSojourner

For those who haven't done one of these before, you pay the captain for the trip on dive day, preferably before leaving the dock, and tip the crew at the end of the trip. I typically will tip $10, but that's purely your choice.

Any more questions, post them here or send me a PM. I was out on the OceanQuest yesterday and it's cozy, but comfortable, for 8 divers.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Is this going to be a two or three tank trip?

I'm pumped up about the weekend of the 19th, Get to go on a boat dive with you guys and an actual female type woman asked me out on a date to a comedy club on the 18th! The only thing that would make it better is if it is nice enough to go out on my scooter on Sunday!

Toby

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom