Options for Excursion Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If that is built into sqlite, then maybe anyone who can get access to the DB file will be able to do some command-line/shell magic to export to something useful without any programming being needed.
True, but I think it's a bit much to require everyone who wants to export their dive data to get a rooted phone and to use a terminal emulator. It would be better to add it to their app. Maybe if you explain it as a marketing plus since an export to csv function would allow them to state that it's "compatible" with popular logging apps and spreadsheets.

If that is built into sqlite, then maybe anyone who can get access to the DB file will be able to do some command-line/shell magic to export to something useful without any programming being needed.

Still need a rooted device though to get the file.

True, but I think it's a bit much to require everyone who wants to export their dive data to get a rooted phone and to use a terminal emulator. It would be better to add it to their app. Maybe if you explain it as a marketing plus since an export to csv function would allow them to state that it's "compatible" with popular logging apps and spreadsheets.

I've contacted Crest, bit of a language barrier and it doesn't seem like they're willing to do this, at least not yet.

I even tried Nox player on a windows PC but apparently it doesn't support bluetooth yet. I was able to get dive story installed. Was worth a shot, would have been super easy for anyone to pull log files that way and all free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom