Opportunity to pick up a Suunto D6.. should i?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevmo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
for 250!.. it's in excellent condition... local person from work... worth it?... what does this thing NOT have that the cooler/better OLED Shearwater/liquivision do?...

I'm a big fan of EASY TO READ... but i'm also just beginning to dive... so i'm pretty sure i don't need the bells and whistles of a shearwater/LV if this is a good/great/steal of a deal.

Is that w/the transmitter ???.....And you'll need to replace the strap....See previous posts/threads about how bad the Sunnto straps are...And is the D6 'user' battery replaceable ???....Also see previous posts/threads about battery replacement on Sunnto's.......Then you'll know how good a deal it is.......

what should i be concerned about?... should i send it out to suunto or something to replace all the seals as soon as i buy it? how much does that cost?

If you send it to Suunto in Finland, you'll have to wait months. Find a Local Dive Shop that services aqualung gear. They should be able to replace the battery and pressure test it. It should cost about $30. That includes the battery, o-ring and labor.

If you send it to Suunto in Finland, you'll have to wait months. Find a Local Dive Shop that services aqualung gear. They should be able to replace the battery and pressure test it. It should cost about $30. That includes the battery, o-ring and labor.

should i be concerned about the orings around the buttons?

she agreed to sell it to me for 200... because i wanted the battery changed and pressure tested.

good buy or no? also, we agreed that she signs an agreement (it's actually pretty damn well written) saying that if the watch doesn't work after i service it, then 200 will be refunded back to me...

I have the D6 and it is a good computer. It is very conservative and I have had no problems with the strap in the 4 years I have had mine. I did replace the battery once after 3 years, but did it myself. I found the battery at Wal-Mart!

It's a nice little computer, tracks identically to my vytec and easy to use. For 200 it's good

ok so i piccked it up for 200... this thing is like brand new... followed the how to change D6 battery guide from here.. and boom works :) now to find aplace with a pressure pot...

do you guys recommend the online class for this?...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom