Opinions on the Dive Rite NiTek Duo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Cressi version, and at $279 from Leisure Pro it is a bargain. It has held up well for 2+ years. It is more conservative than the Oceanic, Sherwood and Aeris group. Less conservative than Suunto. My first one was recalled for the logbook function. The bottom times did not sum correctly. It did not affect dive safety.

Only one minus to that unit, a weak beeper. Others have a louder audio alarm.

Have you ever tried DSS boot on yours? It seems to fit, but I would like to make sure.

Deleted (Too many margaritas....)

Have you ever tried DSS boot on yours? It seems to fit, but I would like to make sure.

It doesn't fit :116:

Thanks, Brian.

But, why? different case and size?

The Duo is a true circular shape with two 'nipples' coming off the body of the computer on the top and bottom. These nipples are what hold the Duo in the DSS mount.

The Cressi is more oblong and does not have these nipples. See the pictures I've linked below:

SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - NiTek Duo Computer

Cressi Archimedes Wrist Computer at Divers Direct - Scuba gear & equipment online dive catalog!

Sadly I know this because I have a Cressi Archimedes and bought a DSS mount hoping it would fit. Since I have and love Tobin's SK7 mount, I wanted to round out the package. In all honesty, if I needed a new computer it'd be a Nitek Duo because Tobin has such a great mount for it. That and I love my Cressi so much and it's the same computer in a different skin.

BTW - I was just talking to Divin'Hoosier and he said he knows you. He and I dive quite often together. Let's all plan to get out some time this summer. I am just getting into doubles and will need some bottom time to shake them out.

Thanks for your clarification. It is a big help.....

Great.... I look forward to going out together. Jim is a good diver...

I just checked the Dive Rite web site and they now offer the Nitek Duo with a 2 year warranty. The Duo also includes the screen protector and a padded carring case (must have for me).

The TUSA IQ-700 includes the screen protector, the Zeagle N2ition does not (about $9 at ScubaToys). I did not see the padded carrying/storage case mentioned with either the TUSA or the Zeagle (a $16.00 value). Does anybody know if the TUSA or Zeagle computers include these cases? If not the Nitek Duo from Scubatoys at $389.00 less 10% may be the best value with the extras.

It seem that the Nitek Duo was discontinue by the manufacturer. anyone knows why?

Because they came out with the Nitek Trio - same basic thing but with 3 gas capability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom