Opinions on New Gear???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm just getting back into diving and looking at buying new gear. I'm looking at a Zeagle Stiletto for my BCD. I've not used a back inflate BC before but have heard Zeagle is a good, reliable brand.

The Aqualung Legend is what I'm leaning toward for my
reg and octopus. I've read a lot of posts throughout here and haven't read anything bad about the above gear. Most say they are very reliable.

I'm also looking at the Suunto Cobra 3 for a dive computer. I've used analog gauges before but I'm looking to upgrade to a computer. I haven't seen any reviews of this on here.

I live in Florida and will most likely do most of my diving here. I expect a combination of salt and fresh water diving.

Does anyone have any pros or cons or better ideas for gear? And please include why if you have other suggestions.

Does anyone have any pros or cons or better ideas for gear? And please include why if you have other suggestions.
I'm biased to Scubapro.

The reason being it has served me well for 40 yrs on SCUBA.

I love my Zeagle Stiletto. I use it here in SoCal with 24 lbs of weight and travel with it to the Caribbean a few times per year, wearing only 10 lbs. It's easy to travel with and it puts you in a very nice position in the water as well. You can't go wrong with that BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I love my Zeagle Stiletto. I use it here in SoCal with 24 lbs of weight and travel with it to the Caribbean a few times per year, wearing only 10 lbs. It's easy to travel with and it puts you in a very nice position in the water as well. You can't go wrong with that BC.

Agree!

I dive the Stiletto; it's a great product and very durable, plus Zeagle have great post-sales service. My only suggestion would be to add the split saddle strap option; really improves fit and stability.

Last edited:
The Aqualung Legend is what I'm leaning toward for my reg and octopus. I've read a lot of posts throughout here and haven't read anything bad about the above gear. Most say they are very reliable.

I did my OW class with AL legend regs. I ended up buying a scubapro S600/MK25 due to the "2012" lineup being on a massive sale. As far as how they work I can't really tell any difference. I'm sure you'll be very happy with AL Legend regulators.

I have a 6 month old Stiletto with octo-z and regular inflator I'm wanting to sell for 700, excellent condition. If interested, let me know

I had a Cobra 3 for a short period of time. I didn't like the console to big and clunky. I ended up with a Oceanic Datamask that I really like. It is hoseless air integrated but you could back it up with a SPG on a hose. Easy to see with the HUD display. I am a computer junky and I also have a Oceanic OC-1. I like it because it is on my wrist. Both are nitrox. I haven't had any problems with them linking up to the transmitter or any problems with them at all.

I think you'll find these days the major manufacturers are going to all offer quality gear competitive in terms of performance, across their price points. I learned on Scubapro, and always enjoyed their gear. When I decided to buy my own, there were some sales on US Divers/Aqualung stuff, so I wound up going with that.

I've been away from diving for the past couple of years, and just this past week was looking to buy a new computer (my old Oceanic was lost in a move). I stumbled across a dive shop that was closing one of its 3 locations due to loss of a contract, and they were having an amazing clearance sale, so I wound up with a set up very similar to the one you're considering--Legend, Cobra (not the 3 though) and an Axiom BC.

One more vote for the Stiletto. I love mine. I dove a Zeagle Tech for about 14yrs before that. Very well made and durable.

Back
Top Bottom