Opinions of LeisurePro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swinchen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok, so I can get the Oceanic Atom 2.0 complete w/ transmitter from LeisurePro for $689... which is like a savings of $271 from everyone else.

How much should I trust LeisurePro with such a purchase? This is a big one... The single most expensive item in my dive gear. I am slightly weary of them not being an authorized reseller though.

Thought/Opinions?

I have trusted them purchasing some pretty expensive gear, and they haven't let me down yet.

I really depend upon LP because in this corner of the world, the LDSs don't really carry much in the way of stock. I have never had a warranty claim (touch wood), so I can't speak to that. No doubt others who have had experiences will share their views.

I have dealt with them before and the warranty issue aside, they are good to deal with. I bought a couple of strobes (not the camera type, but the signaling type) and one was non-functional out of the package. I called them, and had an RMA number as soon as the phone conversation was finished. Shipped it back and had a replacement within a week.

The warranty issue is something you need to decide upon for your own. Personally on higher value items I try and stick with authorized dealers...but to each his own.

Don't be scared by a 271 price difference. LeisurePro's margins are much smaller than your local dive shop's advertised prices. If you buy a 9 dollar pair of lycra socks for 7 dollars on leisure pro, you don't feel nervous. But if you bought a 900 dollar regulator for 700, then you might get nervous if you didn't understand those margins. Your local dive shop usually has margins of 25 percent to 40 percent (or sometimes 100). LeisurePro seems to sell at about 5-10 percent for most items.

If you don't buy from LeisurePro, let it be because you support local brick and mortar business or for warranty concerns. However, the prices are not fishy and the products are as advertised.

Ok, so I can get the Oceanic Atom 2.0 complete w/ transmitter from LeisurePro for $689... which is like a savings of $271 from everyone else.

How much should I trust LeisurePro with such a purchase? This is a big one... The single most expensive item in my dive gear. I am slightly weary of them not being an authorized reseller though.

Thought/Opinions?

Leisure is an authorized Oceanic Dealer: Authorized Dealer Locator - Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba and Snorkeling Gear, Scuba and Snorkeling Equipment and Dive Gear

Have shopped there many times. Great selection and great prices.

It looks like they are only authorized if you buy in the store. Hrmm, NY is quite the car ride for me. But if they match Oceanic's Warranty... that is good enough for me.

swinchen,

Where are you seeing $689 complete? On the LP site I see that $689 is for the watch only- the transmitters are $399 each. The Atom does not have the 'includes' button like the Aeris Epic does, which includes only the computer and PC cable for $689. Same computer, can't see them giving away the transmitter with the Atom.
Did I miss something somewhere?

swinchen,

Where are you seeing $689 complete? On the LP site I see that $689 is for the watch only- the transmitters are $399 each. The Atom does not have the 'includes' button like the Aeris Epic does, which includes only the computer and PC cable for $689. Same computer, can't see them giving away the transmitter with the Atom.
Did I miss something somewhere?

I got that price by calling them. If you call LP, they usually give you huge discounts. Not sure how it works, but I like it.

Sam

OK, thanks. Not quite sure, but a price like that might violate their dealer agreement. Don't know if that would have any warranty service implications or not.

Is that really true? You get better discounts if you call them then the prices they quote on the web? I have no ethical problem with it, but I just want to know if I am better phoning in next time around.

Back
Top Bottom