Opinions of LeisurePro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made a purchase from LeisurePro and my hairline receded, my dog died, and all the ice cream in my freezer melted!

:shakehead:

I look better bald, am allergic to dogs and am lactose intolerant. Guess I am all set!

I don't think so, but remember, I don't work for Oceanic, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...............

I would think that if Oceanic Worldwide considered it a warranty repair that Oceanic's local reps would honor that. That's with the caveat that swinchen got the Oceanic warranty and not the LP warranty.

Of course, there's a thread in the Oceanic forum about a guy in Canada having trouble with Oceanic Canada. Oceanic Canada is refusing to fix his equipment under warranty but Oceanic WW will and says his warranty is valid in Canada. :confused:

Now you're understanding. The local distributor doesn't make any profit on merchandise bought outside his area. He, perhaps, might be disinclined to provide warranty service on any item not bought in his area. It appears that, unlike automobile warranty service, the servicer does not get reimbursed for warranty service; it is a freebie.

Grey market goods, items that do not follow the normal chain of distribution, often come with a warranty card from the manufacturer or the local distributor. Go to Adorama in NYC and buy a grey market Nikon lens. When you get it, do not be surprised if the warranty card is in German, or Japanese, or some language other than American English. :)

I have purchased a lot of stuff from LP and they have been great. On multiple item orders it is better to call them - they do give a better price...sometimes. I typically deal with Sam over there and he is a pretty no nonsense type of guy. If there is a problem, I can email him and get an RMA and issue taken care of.

I did go to the local dive shop for my Aqua Lung Legand Supreme regulator for two reasons, saved an extra $100 by purchasing a slightly used rental, and the other is wanting to support the local guy. I was tempted to throw in the extra $100 and get a brand new one from LP even though I heard LP is not an authorized Aqua Lung dealer and the lifetime warranty would not apply (doesn't apply to rentals either I found out - rental gear is registered with Aqua Lung and the dealers get a bigger price break).

I have bought from LP a few times before. I purchased my VT Pro from them a few years back and had to send it back twice for replacements, which LP honored, though it did take a while to get the replacements. The reason I bought from them was a $500 savings over what I could find anywhere else. The days of those deals on LP seem fewer and far between. In fact, they have the VT Pro listed on their site today for more that what I paid for it a few years back.

In all honestly, in todays market I would not purchase another Life Support piece of gear from them. LeisurePro is not an authorized dealer for most of the gear they carry, including Oceanic. Yes, they do warranty all their sales themselves, but for me, it was a bit of a hassle dealing with them on my oceanic VT Pro that failed twice. Did they fix it in the end, yes. Was it easy, no.

The Atom 2.0 they have listed for $649 is for the wrist unit only, no transmitter. If it came with the transmitter, it might be worth it, but it doesn't. You can get the wrist unit for $689 through a number of AUTHORIZED dealers. So really you're only saving $40, but losing your manufacturers support.

In short, if you can find a deal saving you $100's of dollars, and you're willing to risk gray market equipment with no manufacturer backing then it might be worth it to you. It was to me back when I bought my computer. However, it doesn't seem those deals are as readily available on Leisure Pro anymore.

There fine to deal with.

This all happened about two years ago.

I got full warranty from Cressi Sub on a computer bought through LP, and they honored it over a minor problem. Next, I had a BC problem with a Sherwood I bought from a local dive store. The manager told me they did not handle warranties, and I should contact Sherwood directly. He grinned as he brushed me off. I quiety walked off and never set foot in that place again. They closed before that year was up.

Lesson learned.

Who is the best? Leisure Pro is a tremendous asset to all divers, and I'll continue to be their customer.

I have had (multiple) poor experiences with LP before, nothing but positive experiences with scubatoys. I would call ST and ask them to pricematch, they have always been willing to do so for me even when the price was far less than their posted price. Many people have said the same and are repeat customers.

The only time I order from LP is if I want a specific item that I can't get from ST (lobstering gear), or if I want it soon without paying for 2 day shipping. LP is 1 day ground to me, but usually 1-2 days processing it seems, so 2-3 days to me, ST ships same day, but 5 days shipping time.

I have bought every piece of dive gear from LP without issue. Do shop around - A local dive store had their yearly sale and their regs were cheaper than LP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom