Need advice and opinions on this regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diveguy1738

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Made a post yesterday about needing a regulator and asked for opinions on a used aqualung, everyone’s advice was very helpful and you guys definitely saved me from making a bad purchase. Like I said in my other post I know nothing about equipment so I’m wondering if this regulator would be a good fit for me. I’d want to use it at a max depth of 100 feet and in the cold Atlantic Canada water. It’s in my price range but I want quality gear over cheap gear.

Attachments

• IMG_0370.png
    IMG_0370.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 61
The Mares MR15 1st stage is a good quality workhorse of a regulator with the same internals as many of the models that preceded it in timeline, and above it in advertising tier. It will do just fine diving in the cold Atlantic off the coast of Canada.

The Prestige 2nd stages are good for the price of the package, if the package is new. They are unbalanced downstream 2nd stages and should work well for you.

Given that this regulator set is new, it is a good deal. The MR15/Prestige combo will work as well as just about anything else on the market.

-Z

I wrote this article just for you. It will help you understand a lot more about what to look for in a regulator.

I wrote this article just for you. It will help you understand a lot more about what to look for in a regulator.

Thank you, that was very helpful advice

Thank you, that was very helpful advice
Another thought, I believe your first post said something about throwing way to much money at a drysuit so you are trying to save on a regulator, I think you are looking at this backwards.

Sorry I keep doing this, I’m unaware exactly where to post these questions
Don't worry, you're not on any double secret probation... yet. :D Easy enough to move, and we try to document why, so you can learn. :D :D :D

Made a post yesterday about needing a regulator and asked for opinions on a used aqualung, everyone’s advice was very helpful and you guys definitely saved me from making a bad purchase. Like I said in my other post I know nothing about equipment so I’m wondering if this regulator would be a good fit for me. I’d want to use it at a max depth of 100 feet and in the cold Atlantic Canada water. It’s in my price range but I want quality gear over cheap gear.

@Zef
@lowwall

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom