Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had now to be on my way to Bali. It is horrible that we lost our freedom completely. A life with wearing masks is no life. We need a normal life back asap. I hope, but I am afraid not that we can travel to Indonesia normally in 2021. No masks, no socialdistance ********, just normal life is needed again.

Here nothing is possible, almost every country has a travelwarning which is a lie. The chance of getting ill is almost zero. I had booked a flight to Bali, then it would be Croatia, also not possible. Let's go to Malta then, booked an airbnb, also travelwarning then. Try Slovenia, not possible. Hmm, wreckdiving in Marseille, I got answer from a divingcenter and just 1 hour later, Marseille had a travelwarning. Maybe Bonaire? Travelagency adviced not to do it becuase a pcr test not older than 72 hours is needed and here they cannot promise that you get the answer within that 72 hours due to lack of test capacity. There is no real lack of capacity, but too many people want a test for nothing. We have a lot of false positives and they calculate them on the positives. But people are not ill. Some topsport people test positive, but are able to compete. 2 hours later they test negative. It is the same as testing a papaya positive.
So holiday possible here? Almost no choice.
I really hope, but I am really afraid that it will not be possible again, that we can travel to Bali and Mexico again. That are the destinations I want to visit now.

Mexico is open.

I was supposed to be landing in Manado today for five days of diving, followed by two weeks at NAD Lembeh. Already rebooked for next September. Fortunately, I have a home in San Carlos, Mexico on the Sea of Cortez and my own boat.

:sad2:

2 Isuses: a quick searh did not find any direct flights to Cancun from Europe and 2 weeks mandatory quarantaine on return :)
Methinks Mauritius instead of Indonesia of things to not get better

Mauritius has had a recent nasty oil/fuel spill from a Japanese ship caught up on their reef. :(:( I'm not up to date on the clean up. Anyone?

OK, Maldives is open.

Mexico is open.
Yes, but not possible for us. We have 2 ways to come there: direct flights. That are all cancelled because of the travelwarning. Or over USA. And that is also a problem now. Also travel warnings for USA (like almost every country, it feels like our government doesn't want us to go on holiday). I am not afraid for a virus, the percents of people who get problems are here now under the percents of normal influenza. But still the panic. It is proven that the virus is not the same anymore as in march. But they still shoot panic, even if a false positive 'patient' is able to work or to compete in sportcompetitions. You see that in people who started in the 'Tour the France', topsport. Tested positive and 2 hours later tested negative and could start. A person who is able to do such a thing like cycling the Tour de France is absolutely not ill. But the pcr test is not developed for people without or with only mild symptoms. Then you get a huge amount of false positives.

Maldives also has a travelwarning from here. We have to go over Swiss when we want to go.

Really, I had planned Bali. Then said ok, let's go wreckdiving in Croatia, travelwarning came. Then go to Malta. Airbnb found travelwarning came. Slovenia then? Also no option. Ah, nice wrecks around Marseille, I got the answer from the divingcenter that all was ok to come. 1 hour later: travelwarning for Marseille area. Let's go to Bonaire then, that is open for us. But a pcr test needed. Really, we visited the travelagency (that has to do with refunds and getting back, normally I book online directly over airlines), and the travelagency warned us because of that test. Up to 69% false positives AND you maybe do not get the results in time. Here the 72 hour is not guaranteed and nowadays most times not possible. Then we would loose our money so we decided not to go to Bonaire. Too risky to loose money. With KLM till a few days ago no pcr test was required, but if we had booked that flight, we would got a problem on arrival. The date of flying was within the 72 hours, and now Bonaire has also changed their policy that a pcr test is required.

I dive a lot, but this year I had planned to see some tropical fish. Have seen this for the last time in 2011 for a few days. But it looks like I will never see corals again. Some special lights and filters that only work in tropics are already bought, but never used. Bali was the island I saw for the first time in my life in 2005 corals, but I was no diver then. I also want to go back to the Mexican caves.
I really need normal life back again, without any restrictions, no masks, no social distance. I have never been in the water so less. Especially my technical dives are really less than normal.

Mauritius has had a recent nasty oil/fuel spill from a Japanese ship caught up on their reef. :(:( I'm not up to date on the clean up. Anyone?

OK, Maldives is open.
They got it cleaned up quite ok (if you can say that after a desaster). And Maldives is also 14 days at home after the vacation :).
Canada would be a quarantaine free option :coffee:

They got it cleaned up quite ok (if you can say that after a desaster). And Maldives is also 14 days at home after the vacation :).
Canada would be a quarantaine free option :coffee:

There's excellent diving on the west coast. Come on over, lol.

If I leave Canada, upon my return, I must quarantine for 14 days. Personally, I can do 14 days in my own home, standing on my head. I just can't seem to enter anywhere that I'm willing to go.

There's excellent diving on the west coast. Come on over, lol.

If I leave Canada, upon my return, I must quarantine for 14 days. Personally, I can do 14 days in my own home, standing on my head. I just can't seem to enter anywhere that I'm willing to go.
Vancouver has always been on my list - can you talk to Justin to get me permission to enter Canada? :cheers:.
There's quite a few places that I could reach and go diving, and I can work from home, but I want to go to Indonesia :(

Here also a travelwarning for Canada. It really seems we are not free anymore. I don't see any travelling as a riks to get ill.

Back
Top Bottom