Open water course in Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
My son just moved there to attend MMI (marine technology) and his apartment mate wants to learn to dive. And suggestions on a shop? Not the cheapest....the best. They live about a mile from Sea World.

I'd contact NetDoc2K for information on getting certified. He lives in Orlando and is the keeper of this board.

Good Diving,

I would suggest Divers Direct on I drive.Its about 10 minutes from Sea World and netdoc is affiliated with them.He works out of the Lake Mary Gander Mountain and Rick
runs the classes out of Divers Direct on I drive.Heres a link to Ricks site http://www.rangerrickscuba.com/
and also Divers Direct
www.diversdirect.com
Good Luck

Dayo Scuba in Orlando is training only, no equipment sales. Owner Tom Johnson has plenty of gear, and lends it to students. That is masks and booties, too. It takes the salesmanship out if training. My daughter trained with Tom and has done really well.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Gary!

I am no longer affiliated with Divers Direct as an instructor, though Gander Mountain still wants to talk to me about it. I only do private or semi private classes now and the academics are online.

I exceed the requirements for both of my agencies (NAUI and SDI/TDI) in all of my classes. I teach those who want to learn to dive more than they want a c-card. You will get the latter, but only when I think you are ready. :D

NetDoc:
Thanks for the vote of confidence Gary!

I am no longer affiliated with Divers Direct as an instructor, though Gander Mountain still wants to talk to me about it. I only do private or semi private classes now and the academics are online.

I exceed the requirements for both of my agencies (NAUI and SDI/TDI) in all of my classes. I teach those who want to learn to dive more than they want a c-card. You will get the latter, but only when I think you are ready. :D

Sorry Pete,
I did not know that you no longer teach with DD.

No problem... I believe their manager has a problem with me exceeding the course requirements. I just don't do cookie cutter courses. This is not the norm for Divers Direct.

NetDoc:
No problem... I believe their manager has a problem with me exceeding the course requirements. I just don't do cookie cutter courses. This is not the norm for Divers Direct.
atta boy!

Can't go wrong with NetDoc! If you can stand the corny jokes, that is...:rofl3:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom