online training app

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

antero

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings all,

I'm working on online training app that will be used for lifeguards, EMS and firerescue ...but not limted to, so it may also serve any other training needs like for example diver's training regardless the level or school. Since you are all here professional rescuers your feedback and ideas about the app could be very helpful for me. Or may be you will wish to build the real PSD test content!

To give an example I set up demo project related to cavediving subject for "demostudent" who may take test, and "demoinstructor" who may change quiz configuration. If you are interested please follow link:

http://www.yefimovs.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=brdcommonplace&action=display&num=79

Because it is not exactly the topic that suites this forum you might want to reply me via e-mail or use provided messageboard link.

Thank you and have a safe diving!

None of the links worked for me.

Are you trying to put an Application together that you can sell to departments?

If so you might be waisting your time. A lot of departments with full-time teams pick from within their ranks and don't hire for PSD work.

Volunteer teams might be another issue but budget strapped departments don't like spending money on anything they don't have to.

Then there is the liability issue. Are you going to assume all or part of the liability if the application doesn't cover something that is later determined to be necessary?

I can't see where a single application will be able to cover everything involved in PSD work. Every area has it's own unique problems. Lifeguard's are perty much Lifeguards where ever you go.

I'm not knocking it just playing the Devils Advocate.

Gary D.

I do just the shell, not the worm inside :) This app is able to serve any test for any department for any organization where written quizes are used regardless its type. I'm not trying to sell it i just follow the order to build it for our office. Once i'm done nothing bother me to build it for someone else. Also if someone represents the similar government structure we may just share the experience or cooperate in any way (but i would re-direct you to my in-office customer in that case).

You are right about the trend to take divers who work full-time as deputies or firefighters , etc. The app is mostly for internal company/organization/institution use. Therefore i don't care about legal issues since all content of test&tutorials will be provided by instructors in their respective fields of expertise. Head officers for training of each department within organization will take care of legal issues. The app (although technically opened to Internet) will be used as semi-public. Part of students as mentioned are already existing full-time county emergency response stuff the other part will be pre-authorized to take test by instructors. It is just a modern computerized substitute to written exams that many take regularly for [re-]certification or employment.

Back
Top Bottom