Online Processing of Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaLevelScuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Is there any agency that has a functional online processing of certification cards that has a responsive tech support for issues. I'm looking for one that understands there will be issues that someone needs to address and not put off as nobody else has that problem. ODiN and SSI is pushing my last buttons today.

I have no answer to your question, but what kind of issues are you having with online ordering? ODiN is a bit clunky, but I've never had a problem getting cards ordered.

Ordering cards and adding divers in multiples. Wrong pictures, wrong cert levels and data just not there to system lockups. I've documented step by step how to replicate this and unfortunately the ODiN folks have zero interest in fixing it. This has been going on for a very long time and in processing 17 cards, 2 right now cannot be completed at this point due to non-persistent data, it has taken over 2 hours.

Sorry to hear that. I haven't found SSI to be very responsive in revising anything.

Since you asked about any agency. We (SEI) do not have on line processing. What we do have is a form (2 pages one is the diver roster) that you fax in. I fax it in on Monday and usually have cards on Friday. Unless Friday is a holiday. We also do not use pictures. Keeps costs down and if you have a DL or ID card if the name is the same why bother. There is also someone in the office from I think 9 til at least 4:30. But if you need to make changes gotta be quick. Processing of certs is number one priority in the office. I have faxed in student info at 10 am and called for something else at 1pm and been told my cards and certificates just went to the post office! Office staff is small but that is usually a good thing as everyone actually knows what is going on!

The more I hear, the more SEI sounds like a better fit for me. I may have to get serious about crossing over before years end.

Since you asked about any agency. We (SEI) do not have on line processing. What we do have is a form (2 pages one is the diver roster) that you fax in. I fax it in on Monday and usually have cards on Friday. Unless Friday is a holiday. We also do not use pictures. Keeps costs down and if you have a DL or ID card if the name is the same why bother. There is also someone in the office from I think 9 til at least 4:30. But if you need to make changes gotta be quick. Processing of certs is number one priority in the office. I have faxed in student info at 10 am and called for something else at 1pm and been told my cards and certificates just went to the post office! Office staff is small but that is usually a good thing as everyone actually knows what is going on!

How is SEI doing in the Florida marketplace?

Very well. Our training director is in Tallahassee. Dan Marelli. Walter here on the board is also an Instructor Trainer. My list is a couple months out of date (my fault been busy teaching and at my real job) but we have approx. 30 active instructors in Florida. Around half of them are Instructor Trainers as well. I don;t know fla that well but if you gave me some nearby closer towns I could provide contact info. Trainers are located from Pensacola to Key Largo. I don't have current diver totals but some of our instructors are university based and are doing very well. Most are also independent and as such have a great deal of freedom with scheduling and class set up. You could go to the SEI Homepage at SEI Diving Home Page and download a free leadership prep manual. Covers DM thru CD. You need to understand that the OW diver course is a min of 32 hours of face to face instruction. 16 classroom and 16 pool. While you can reduce it to 24 by doing addtional instruction on site during checkouts it is not recommended and if things keep going the way they are that option may be removed from standards. The other thing is indies are actively supported and encouraged. I teach small classes (less than 6) and when buying materials pay the same for them as someone buying for 25 or 50.

Teach your course a specific way and want a workbook for that? As long as the standards for what needs to be covered are you supply the text and we keep it on file and when you order workbooks you get the one you designed. It should follow the text as to content but you can decide on the order in which you present what.

As to pool- swim tests, tread /float, and an UW swim must be completed before students can begin training. Snorkel and skin dive skills are done before the students actually go on scuba. You can do a discover type thing but no real training until the skin dive and snorkel skills are met. We still have doff and don, bailout, and rescue skills in OW (panicked diver, unconscious diver, and tows while removing gear) you may add skills that YOU think will benefit your students and test on them above agency standards. This is encouraged strongly. If you need any other info feel free to ask me or shoot an email or call SEI HQ.

I have never had any problems with SDI/TDI's on-line ordering. They also have a system that allows you to print plastic cards at your own location in real time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom