one type of torch that will never leak,unless the shell is crushed by the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are right about the torch and rebreather. It shows that you do know something about what you are talking about. Someone who just found a product to sell but does not know about the physics would not know that.

I dont know what you mean by "so I think you are a diving payer that just interesting in the landscape but not the gear." Lets call that lost in translation. If I am reading that correct then no you are wrong

How does dive watch with screw down crowns utilizing o-ring sustain pressure down to 20,000 ft and more?

i consider that you make the rebreather and the torch as the same at the waterproof structure, as someone at other forum. now i realize that you do know the difference between the two.

and what's the watch and the torch??? the difference between that you will not try to open the watch, it will always keep in the status that assemble by the perfessional worker, so it will work at it's best status. at the same time, the watch producer can use some one-off methods to strenghten the waterproof.but the torch isn't the same! you will open it and assemble it again, so the one-off method will not be useful, and not every user is perfessional enough to assemble it as good as the perfessional worker, and the O-ring lube will lost when use in water and that will cause some problem too. so i will say that, the torch is not the same with the watch at the waterproof structure. more about torch sealed,please visit my personal website: Swordfish Studio

eagle Z

The screw down crown on a watch is opened regularly when changing time/date. There are watches without a crown that could go deeper.

freezing experiment
[video]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE5ODM1NjQ4.html[/video]

I can say that i have one of ez's lights. it is a definate unit to try. i am waiting to get a battery for it so i can try it at depth. i think he is on to somthing with the method he is using to make the light water tight. unlike the oring with a minimal surface area his seal provids much more contact area that i can only assume imporves not only the ability to seal but if part of the seal is damaged the remainder fo the seal maintains functionality. draw backs the seal is very unique, not a hardware store item. uses a special non standard battery. Plusses for me is that the battery type number is engraved on the housing and the upper body shgape seams to be a mate for the innertube thingy's on your kit. prox switch operation can be a + or - . I am looking forward to comparing this light to my other backuplights. Sorry ez my primary light is a canister. Hopefully i can have the battery by sunday and try it in CSSP at the DUI rally.

here is a pic of the ez lite on the right and the hollis led3 on the left. the ez light is not on high power though there is little difference. the hot spot at 10 ft is about 8-9 inches as distance increases teh ez light stays bright and the hollis dimms and becomes less white. closerthan 6 ft the hollis equals or beaats the ez light intensity but still is not as white

DSC00624.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom