one type of torch that will never leak,unless the shell is crushed by the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kws had received the free torch, who's the second one?

any one interesting?

kws had received the free torch, who's the second one? any one interesting?

Hi eagle z,
This is a nice offer. Like Akimbo I think a lot of us are very skeptical at this point. And I would like to hear about lumen output, lux, burn times (on each power setting), beam widths (both hotspot & periphery), color temperature, etc. It seems you state very little regarding these specifications on your web site (Swordfish Studio). Ok I see 10 hr burn time on high, that's all. So it's difficult for me to make a comparison with others lights that I know.

Here's a suggestion. Send one to someone who can actually run the light through the gauntlet, like those from CandlePowerForums.
For example: lucca brassi‎, 350xfire‎ (These 2 are here on ScubaBoard), & Packhorse‎

These guys build dive lights and would probably be glad to write up a post test report. If your light meets their approval then you might have something good. I would love to have a free dive light, but my analysis wouldn't be as well as theirs.

Last edited:
thank you for the regards. i will carry out these parameter sooner or latter.
the XML T6's circuit board is designing now, many torch users say that Q5 if not light enough to use in diving(and i have to agree that true, because it's max 240 lumens will be too less in deep water), so i think i should upgrade the torch as sooner as possible.

eagle Z

Is there a gas escape valve for helium or exploding battery's gas?

Looks like the text is a translation from Chinese. That's why it looks a little odd to us. Shenzhen seems to be a place where a lot of LED lights are being made.

On your website you said O-ring doesn't provide a good work anymore. O-ring is just about 30m to 50m. So 150ft is the limits of o-rings according to you. Well my rebreather has um lets say 50 o-rings and rated to 500ft. I really hope you are wrong. Just a hint of advice when you take photos for your homepage of your products don't place the product on your couch. I hope your product lives up to what you say and you have a successful product.

i will say that the theory between rebreather and torch is opposite. when in water, the air pressure of the rebreather if higher than water, but the torch's is smaller. so the situation will be that the air of the rebreather can leak out of the container, but the air of the torch can't leak out of the torch, it will just suck the water in by the different pressure.
all air and liquid meterials can only flow from high pressure place to low pressure place, the opposite route is impossible.
there is other diver suspecous that use the same thing some days ago, he give the sample of his air bottle. so i think that you are a diving payer that just interesting in the landscape but not about the gear. is that right?
by the same time, i am sorry for the bad English and i will try to write the most accurate meanings and syntex.

eagle Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom