One more "Yankee" moving south...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops:
Note the name of highway 710:
mapimage

I heard on the radio the other day that there are some folks who are trying to change the name of the Bee Line to the Beach Line...

Al

Are we talking of SR710 beeline or SR528 beeline? I heard that they wanted to change 528 to the beach line - as plenty of people vacationing in Orlando head out that way to the coast - cant imagine as many people use 710 (or at least as many tourists).

simbrooks:
Are we talking of SR710 beeline or SR528 beeline? I heard that they wanted to change 528 to the beach line - as plenty of people vacationing in Orlando head out that way to the coast - cant imagine as many people use 710 (or at least as many tourists).

Yup! I'm thinking of 528. I didn't realize we had two of them.

Al

Hi Kids!

Well, the move to Florida has moved into a state of LIMBO for the moment....

We are waiting for a final document from the City Attorney in Okeechobee and so far have not been able to get it. Until this issue is resolved, we can't purchase a business license, and cannot get the move underway.

Our financing is in place, we have a place to do business (nearly) and our living arrangements are made. But everything is currently on hold, waiting for this one document.

I'll let you guys know, when I know that the move is taking place. No way to tell how soon that will be. So, my projected opening date of 2 April for the new business is pushing out towards summer, a week at a time, as each week goes by...

Look forward to meeting some of you when we get down there and get our business established in Okeechobee!

Tom - er it is a small town. YOu have to either be no less than third cousins with someone on the town council or be married to one of the third cousins of someone on the town council. You also have to make donations to the mayor re-elect fund, the sheriff's campain, Become a honary member of the cattleman's assoc, and attend the Baptist or methodist church to give a contribution the the reverend for a new roof. THEN this "last document" that you need will amazingly be found.

Good luck!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom