One more "Yankee" moving south...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankenmuth_tom:
You need an EXCUSE to brew beer???? You gotta have permission to drink it too???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

The EXCUSE gives me motivation... I hate waiting a week for it to ferment and a couple of weeks for it to carbonate. :1poke: I don't need permission to drink... only to dive...

Al

Scuba_Dad:
The EXCUSE gives me motivation... I hate waiting a week for it to ferment and a couple of weeks for it to carbonate. :1poke: I don't need permission to drink... only to dive...

Al

Let me tell you the story of the first batch we brewed, many moons ago when I was a young Sargent stationed in Hawaii, right after Viet Nam was over... We let it run in the vat and then started bottling with a piece of rubber tubing and a bunch of "recycled" bottles that would accept caps. Every time I would syphon some beer to fill a bottle, I'd get a mouthful of green beer and swallow it down... An hour of bottling and I was IN THE BAG, and we hadn't capped them all yet! MAN, can you ever get a terrible hangover from drinking green beer right out of the vat!!! It was MUCH smoother after a couple of weeks in the bottles, and had a heck of a kick. Use to tell my buddy that a little lick of blue fire jumped out of the bottle every time I pulled off a cap....

Glad to hear that someone down there is brewing beer. I doubt that I'll have the time or the space for quite a while to come. So, how many microbreweries are there in Okeechobee? Frankenmuth is a bit smaller, and we have TWO.

Later...

Heya Tom..... we look forward to your arrival.... We've got some pretty strong guys down here in the Conch group that I'm sure we can spare, and heck, us gals will come along for moral support (and to watch ya'll take off that 200lbs whatever you said thingy).

We have one MicroBrew here in Melbourne... Indian River Brewery. I haven't been there in a while... but... since I have to brew a batch... well.. I'll have to stop by there and pick up some supplies... :wink:

Hey! Welcome to the Deepest South! It's so deep south sown here, it's almost the north again. Now if you make a bee-line to the Ocean from your new neighborhood, you'll find yourself in my neighborhood. You might say I live in the far east. It's as far east as you can drive a car. Almost. Anyway, shoot me a PM when you get settled in!

Frankenmuth? Bring fudge! I LOVE the fudge from there!

but seriously. bring daughters. my wife moved down from MI when she was younger. keep up the flow for my single cracker brethren.

I'd recommend you hook up with SE fl divers. Spiegel grove and and about a dozen others like it are killer. Unless you want to dive in the winter, or think you'll take up the cave diving in north florida, leave the drysuit there. I live on the west coast, which is sort of lame for good diving. Stick to the SE/Keys set.

deepstops:
Nice pun........ Tom's gonna spend a lot time making Bee Lines :)
Well, maybe "The way the Crow Flies" would be better for a midwesterner to understand.

ngray:
Frankenmuth? Bring fudge! I LOVE the fudge from there!

but seriously. bring daughters. my wife moved down from MI when she was younger. keep up the flow for my single cracker brethren.

I'd recommend you hook up with SE fl divers. Spiegel grove and and about a dozen others like it are killer. Unless you want to dive in the winter, or think you'll take up the cave diving in north florida, leave the drysuit there. I live on the west coast, which is sort of lame for good diving. Stick to the SE/Keys set.

Actually, my daugher already lives in Florida. She's a school teacher in Bonita Springs and lives most of the time with her boyfriend, near Alva.

As for the fudge....well here in Frankenmuth, that's what we call visitors. FUDGIES. They mostly come into town for the day, to shop, eat chicken and buy fudge to take home....

Thanks for the info. Still no word on the final document we need to get our business license. Could be next week, could be next month before we get what we need and can go ahead with the move.

Scuba_Jenny:
Well, maybe "The way the Crow Flies" would be better for a midwesterner to understand.

Note the name of highway 710:
mapimage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom