One more "Yankee" moving south...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL! Now, Eric, that sounds like a fun time. Help a new Conch move party! You are cooking the brisket right?

Jenny- SURE!

TOM- Ever had hickory smoked, southern BBQ beef brisket? The Japanese Master Sword Smith could look at the pattern of the o-midari and tell if this was a great blade. A Pitmaster can look at the smoke ring of a cross cut section of the meat and from the depth and color tell if this is a great piece of BBQ.

I get lucky every now and then as I am no master by far but it is always better than you'll get at a sit down joint.

let us know when them heavy boxes arrive!

Orlando Eric:
Jenny- SURE!

TOM- Ever had hickory smoked, southern BBQ beef brisket? The Japanese Master Sword Smith could look at the pattern of the o-midari and tell if this was a great blade. A Pitmaster can look at the smoke ring of a cross cut section of the meat and from the depth and color tell if this is a great piece of BBQ.

I get lucky every now and then as I am no master by far but it is always better than you'll get at a sit down joint.

let us know when them heavy boxes arrive!

Eric,

Thanks, you have my mouth watering. Man! I love a good brisket, and didn't get ANY when we were down in January. I recall seeing a BBQ place in Okeechobee while we were there looking around, so I'll probably have to give them a try and see if they are any good.

As for the offer of help, well, I'm driving the first load down on a Gooseneck trailer that I intend to buy SOON. Will have toolboxes, shop equipment and carpenter tools to do repairs to the building. I have no solid timeline yet, as we are still waiting for that final signature on the business license. Current (very fluid) timeline has me arriving with the first load about the 18th or so. My buddy Barry is hauling our new 5th wheel trailer down about the 20th or so.

I'll keep you folks informed about the actual time line when I get it firmed up.

I want to THANK YOU for the offer. I was trying to decide how I would get all that stuff off the trailer by myself! The darn drill press is over 200 lbs and I have to get it and the welder down the ramp of the trailer. At least the tool boxes have wheels on them. I'll have a hand truck, but just one more pair of hands may make a large difference.

Again, MANY THANKS guys!

More later, as I get the info....

I recently moved down to Conch territory from Minnesota , don't ya know...So if you ever get homesick for dat Northern accent ... !!!!!
Hey , these guys are great...They took in a ol' Norski like me and made me feel right at home...Except for no Lefse Taco's... (oops...)

Oh yes , welcome to Florida...

Jean

Almost sounds like an excuse to brew a batch of beer. I haven't brewed since before 9/11... I need to check to see if I still have everything...

murphdivers286:
I would be willing to help........if I could get you to weld up a scuba project for me........:crafty:

Murph...

I can weld, but only steel and stuff. Use an old Craftsman stick welder and can usually get two or more pieces of steel to stick together. If it's stainless or aluminum or something like that, you'll need to keep looking.

Been building my own farm implements up here in Michigan for the last seven or eight years, and have had very few failures due to welds (failures due to poor designs, sure, but few broken welds....)

Let me know what I can do to help....

Scuba_Dad:
Almost sounds like an excuse to brew a batch of beer. I haven't brewed since before 9/11... I need to check to see if I still have everything...

You need an EXCUSE to brew beer???? You gotta have permission to drink it too???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

frankenmuth_tom:
You need an EXCUSE to brew beer???? You gotta have permission to drink it too???? :wink: :wink: :wink:
OK , now my sides hurt from laughing so hard !!!! :cheers:

Jean

I dunno Tom, you sure you know what you're in for with this bunch??

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom