One more "Yankee" moving south...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys, it's been a little while since I posted here.

Wanted to let you kids know that we are currently 99% sure that we are moving to south Florida in March to open a small tractor business in Okeechobee.

We are only waiting on getting the last signature on our business license, and when that ink is dry, we'll be working on a move south in March. We should open the new business in April, target date is 2 April.

With the final ink, I will no longer be a Great Lakes Wrecking Crew member, but a serious member of this forum (too bad for all of you). We're thinking that we'll be WAY busy getting started at first, but later in the summer, should be able to get into a little diving with all you nice folks! Maybe just Sunday diving at first, from a beach not too far from Okeechobee, say, Fort Pierce or Stuart. Later, as the business gets established, maybe weekend trips away.

So, I guess the next thing to do is change my screen name from Frankenmuth Tom to "Tractor Tom", your Branson Tractor Dealer in Okeechobee, FL

Man, I can't wait to move south and QUIT plowing snow here in Michigan...

Hope to see/meet/dive with you in the upcoming future - welcome to FL :wink:

Cool. Welcome to our neck of the woods. Changing your name only requires a PM to MOD. Looking forward to meeting ya. Good beach diving is about 3 hours from you since you are not close to a major highway.
The most important question, I suspose would be....are you bringing your beer making stuff? I hear you whip up a nice brew.

Scuba_Jenny:
Cool. Welcome to our neck of the woods. Changing your name only requires a PM to MOD. Looking forward to meeting ya. Good beach diving is about 3 hours from you since you are not close to a major highway.
The most important question, I suspose would be....are you bringing your beer making stuff? I hear you whip up a nice brew.

Jenny,

I'm sorry, you got some bad information. I don't make my own beer, but I do manage to supply some world class brew to my friends and diving buddies. Here in Frankenmuth, I live two miles from a GREAT microbrewery and am friends with the brewer there. Indeed, my name is on a plaque on the 'wall of shame' there in the brewery, for having purchased a half a barrel of beer in a single season. I was enjoying a very nice Golden Ale last night in fact...

One of the things I'm really going to miss in Okeechobee is the local Microbrewery....

Hmm.. perhaps my mistake, I heard you were handing out awesome beer, and I took it that you brewed it.

(If you build it, they will come! LOL)

Welcome (in advance) to the great state of FL. You'll love it here (hopefully). From Okeechobee, you can be at the Palm Beach dive boats in about 70 minutes. It's a straight shot down 710 to North Lake Blvd and over to the Intracoastal. (I went to college in Tampa and always took the "back way" home to Fort Lauderdale on the weekends) There's a fantastic bridge dive there as well (hopefully it will be fully and legally open by the time you get here).

I have a friend that grows palm trees commercially in Indiantown. Maybe you can sell him a tractor :)

WELCOME to the SUNSHINE STATE!

It is always great to hear of another diver moving to FLorida! Okeechobee? That town is full of rednecks wearing hunter orange jackets, baseball hats, leaning on the back of their PickUp trucks... Oh wait.. you are starting a tractor buisness...oh hey look at your avatar! You'll fit right IN!

Serioulsy welcome to the Humid Subtropical South! I am only :30 minutes away if you ever need a hand or two.. put the beer on ice and shout east.

Eric

PS- How about a HELP Tom unload the Truck, BBQ Brisket welcome TO FLorida, CONCH party in Okeechobee?? Can you move the date up to April 1st? It fits our group better.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom