One finger pogo?

How many times per hour do you contact the bottom.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Constantly, I'm a bottom bouncer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northernone

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For rebreather divers with 100+ hrs on the loop (arbitrary number) when you maintaining within 2ft of an uneven bottom how often do you use it to stabilize your position? (contact on any bottom contour or overhead with a finger or two, particularly when changing depths over an obstacle)

Are you happy with the amount of 'dabs' you use?

What's some of the ways that helped you fine tune your buoyancy control on CCR?

(not suggesting a "no touch" rule or even that using touch is an inferior method of propulsion and stability.)

Cameron

Do you really have zero buoyancy control on CCR with your lungs? Realizing how much steering I do by breathing......... I have never dove CCR

Do you really have zero buoyancy control on CCR with your lungs? Realizing how much steering I do by breathing......... I have never dove CCR

Exactly right! The better you had gotten OC using breath for buoyancy the harder it is to transition to rebreather which is 100% 'bcd' where exhaling just moves air from your lung to your matched counterlung resulting in no change in buoyancy.

It's tricky.
Cameron

Like anything else, it takes practice. But, if you inhale hard.... you will.... do nothing. Because you have simply moved gas from counterlungs to your lungs. No effect on buoyancy. However, if you exhale hard... you will.... still do nothing. Because you have simply moved the gas from your lungs to the counterlungs.

You get used to it. It's pretty nice once it's dialed in. And you know how, when your buoyancy is absolutely perfect on open circuit that you slightly rise with inhalation and slightly drop with exhalation.... on CCR you don't move an inch. It's awesome.

Exactly right! The better you had gotten OC using breath for buoyancy the harder it is to transition to rebreather which is 100% 'bcd' where exhaling just moves air from your lung to your matched counterlung resulting in no change in buoyancy.

It's tricky.
Cameron

It's not 100% BCD. You can add gas to your loop via mav and vent via mouth/nose for buoyancy. I know lots of divers with large counterlungs using this method as their primary driver in buoyancy.

It's not 100% BCD. You can add gas to your loop via mav and vent via mouth/nose for buoyancy. I know lots of divers with large counterlungs using this method as their primary driver in buoyancy.

Nice clarification. I learned on an o2 unit with no 'bcd' other than the loop (and a drysuit). Diving the topaz loop as primary bcd carried over as long as I'm shallow enough and not wasting trimix for lift.

your diving trimix on the topaz?

cool ,who did your tri mix course?

Body position and the resulting location or movement of the "air bubbles" will make slight adjustments to your buoyancy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom