On no island like Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The safe has been ripped out of the wall and all its contents gone, room rasacked, dive gear missing, tires gone from rental car, passports gone - cooltech and cave diver start asking questions -what happen? Two years later, they are still asking the same questions, meanwhile 10 more break ins have occured and the cops are still in the dark....................................... taking a nap:shakehead:

Wow Cooltech and Cavediver, you sure have a lot of questions.

So you don't have to wait so long, how about starting with this --

Its an online magic eight ball, I think you can get all your answers in a couple of minutes.

>>>> Online Magic Eightball <<<<

magic8ball.jpg

Have fun!

In order for any crime to stop on Boniare, two things must happen, police do something about it and the people that like Boniare, live on Bonaire , and some in this thread, take steps to bring about change. Sweeping it under the reef solves nothing.

If crime is so easy to stop, why hasn't it been wiped out worldwide yet? Surely the US has better resources to fight this problem than a small island?

I can tell you for a fact that crime has increased on Cayman. There have been news reports of shootings, robberies and drug deals numerous times this year. Crime happens there, it happens quite a bit there. Tourists have been robbed at gunpoint on 7 mile beach, not merely had cars broken into while diving. (and yes, if you'd like to know about some of these stories I'll be glad to research and post links).
:

Interesting. Once again, not something you see in the news. I imagine that like Bonaire, Aruba, etc, they depend on tourism dollars and don't want to paint a bad image of their island to potential $$$$ spenders.

For example the Natalie Holloway incident painted Aruba in a very bad light, just because of the media coverage.

So what is Grand Cayman doing towards resolving these issues? It'd be interesting to see how other islands are handling incidents like this.

The safe has been ripped out of the wall and all its contents gone, room rasacked, dive gear missing, tires gone from rental car, passports gone - cooltech and cave diver start asking questions -what happen? Two years later, they are still asking the same questions, meanwhile 10 more break ins have occured and the cops are still in the dark....................................... taking a nap:shakehead:

Aha, Numbers! Now we're getting somewhere!

10 break ins in the two years since those other crimes were reported! The horror! :fear:

Yes, and if I answered them he'd dismiss everything I said, disbelive it, then ask a slew of additional questions that were as annoying and inane as the first set of questions. It would never end.:eyebrow:

All he does is ask questions, will not accept answers, and continues to ask more. It's a debating style that is considered ineffective and obvious, even for High School.:shakehead:

Then answer them for me.

Your friend Mike has serious logic flaws in every argument. To whit:

In Reply to your post [post=5111540]#5111540[/post] #21
have just spent 3 weeks diving all over (that is east side, west coast, south & north), and never once did I encounter any type of problem at any of the dive sites I visited.
Can we qualify this please?

a)Did you have the windows rolled up and locked?

b)Did you leave the windows rolled down, truck unlocked and nothing of value in it?

Let's tell it like it is just 1 time, okay? Ignoratio elenchi - an irrelevant conclusion

You spent 3 weeks making sure you left the truck unlocked and nothing of value ever was ever left in it and you didn't have an 'incident'. This is begging the question. You did not wait for an answer, but made this up and then treated it as accurate.

That is certainly something to herald.

Don't paint me as bashing Bonaire, but the whole white wash is ridiculous. You spent 3 weeks following the precautions that you have to follow in Bonaire because of the crime and you managed for nothing to happen.:shakehead:

Argumentum ad populum You claim your proposition is true solely because many people believe it to be true.
At one time, many people believed the world was flat. Non-sequitor

Interesting. Once again, not something you see in the news. I imagine that like Bonaire, Aruba, etc, they depend on tourism dollars and don't want to paint a bad image of their island to potential $$$$ spenders.

It is in the news. It's all over their local news. I've even seen some of it reported here on the board from time to time. But you don't hear about crime in Cayman anymore than they hear about the robbery at your local 7-11.

So what is Grand Cayman doing towards resolving these issues? It'd be interesting to see how other islands are handling incidents like this.
Perhaps they're waiting to hear Pilot Fish's grand plan to wipe out crime on Bonaire, then they'll apply it there?

If you're not going to answer the questions, then folks will dismiss what you say regardless because you refuse to answer them......... (just somethng to thing about ..... :popcorn:)

They seem incapable of handling the truth.:shakehead: The only reason I'm dismissed [that's only what they claim publicly ] is it does not agree with thier Bonaire myth

If crime is so easy to stop, why hasn't it been wiped out worldwide yet? Surely the US has better resources to fight this problem than a small island?

This has been answered a dozen times, it's a small island, everyone knows each other, there is no place to fence this stuff, cops do squat, population is under 15000. If they can't stop it on Bonaire IT'S ONLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE, OR THEY ARE PART OF IT.:shakehead:

They seem incapable of handling the truth.:shakehead: The only reason I'm dismissed [that's only what they claim publicly ] is it does not agree with thier Bonaire myth

so it's time to "put up or shut up".

Simply put.

Answer their questions. or shut the heck up.

I mean, do you ever plan on going back to Bonaire? I would think not... it's so "crime ridden". so why bother everyone else with your drivel if you're not going?

PiFi, you cited 10 more break ins. Surely you of all people can provide confirmation on these that you state as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom