On no island like Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you think the people that post on this board, that tell of crime victimization and all the divers I spoke to in the last 8 yeares are, gulp, liars? :confused:

so basically you're saying you can't answer jack squat.

You have no credible links or stories? nothing... nada... zilch.

I believe that there is crime on Bonaire. I just don't think that it's near as bad as you point out. and you haven't been in YEARS, so you have nothing but this internet forum rumor mongering to go by. so again, you have nothing... nada... zilch.

EDIT: I know how you like stuff in BOLD, so went back and highlighted a few things for you :thumb: **snicker**

Your skills are fine, just use them. At this point I seriously doubt we are talking about the same thing? There are no questions or answers about YOU, but a lot on crime on Bonaire, which I thought was the topic we were talking about?

Read my post again. I asked you 3 questions about me and asked if you could answer them. You're hiding behind previous conversations that I wasn't involved with you in. This gives the impression that all you want to do is run around waving your signs but avoiding any sort of real discussion.

They seem incapable of handling the truth.:shakehead: The only reason I'm dismissed [that's only what they claim publicly ] is it does not agree with thier Bonaire myth

"They" Tell me Pilot Fish, how many times have *we* (you and I) had this conversation?

How many times have I been involved in this "Bonaire Myth"?

How many times have I dismissed any proof you've provided?

Can you answer these questions?

So, you think the people that post on this board, that tell of crime victimization and all the divers I spoke to in the last 8 yeares are, gulp, liars? :confused:

oh... so that's 10 crime reports in the last 8 years?

oh... my..... bar the doors!

that's what all this fuss is about?

for the record. You can't answer any questions. you refuse to because you lack any facts. Anything you "hear from others" is only considered hear-say. It's not a fact.

Have your friends give you copies of their police reports. Post them. feel free to mark out their last names and addresses.

I bet you can't even produce ONE crime report.

Otherwise people won't think your friends are liars.... they'll think that of you.

There is a reason why heresay is not allowed in court. It's because it lacks credibility. People embellish things. Memories get mixed up, become confused.

"All the divers I spoke to in 8 years" -- How many divers would that be? Give us a number?

back to this island comparison, let me ask you about Grand Cayman. Population roughly 50,000 or so, but not too much bigger than Bonaire. Grand Cayman is a very popular tourist destination. But I never hear the crime stories about it that I do Bonaire. why is that?
what are they doing there to "make a difference" and keep crime on tourists low?

Perhaps Bonaire could learn something from another island.

Rest assured that crime definitely takes place on GC. I've been to all the Caymans & 3 times to GC. In fact I've spent 30 years traveling the Carib & on GC (seven mile beach) was the ONLY place that the condo I was renting was broken into (some 10 years ago, I suspect it's much worse now). Fortunately, I just went across the street to get some take out chicken, and when I returned some 15 mins later the assailant had just made his way in (I was in a 2nd floor unit and he jimmied the sliding glass doors to the terrace having climbed up the outside wall).

I don't have a large physical presence, but what I lack in that area I do make up in other ways (if you get my drift). I came at him & threw anything at him I could get my hands on. He didn't have a chance to take anything , and as he jumped off the terrace I threw a pot down onto him. I derived a sense of satisfaction seeing that he cut his foot wide opened having smashed an outside light that was on the wall. Off into the night limping he went. :D

I will also say that I have felt uncomfortable taking walks on 7 mile beach at about 07:00. I do rely on intuition, and rest assured mine is pretty well developed to sniff out danger.

In just about 25 years of visiting Bonaire, I have never had my intuition bells go off.
But, as a caveat at all times am prudent, careful and proactive.

But, as a caveat at all times am prudent, careful and proactive.

But as the Anti-Bonaire crew will try to convince you, that should not be required therefore you are guaranteed to experience first hand criminal activity on Bonaire.

You're hiding behind previous conversations that I wasn't involved with you in. This gives the impression that all you want to do is run around waving your signs but avoiding any sort of real discussion.

I fully agree. This has nothing to do with seriously exchanging knowledge or arguments. Mr P-Fish, you only utter hearsay you can't prove. No hard facts, no exact numbers, no data from any source. Probably you don't even want to prove anything as I can see you struggling so hard to find excuses all the time.

Something (p-)fishy going on here, I guess.:outtahere:

Wow Cooltech and Cavediver, you sure have a lot of questions.

So you don't have to wait so long, how about starting with this --

Its an online magic eight ball, I think you can get all your answers in a couple of minutes.

>>>> Online Magic Eightball <<<<

Question: Is this the most credible source Mfinley will be able to provide in this discussion?

Answer:
MostLikely.gif

Question: Will Pilot Fish offer any useful information?

Answer:
VeryDoubtful.gif

You're right, this is fun!

I never would have thought they would be that accurate but wow....I read it on the internet so it must be true.....right PF?

Question: Is this the most credible source Mfinley will be able to provide in this discussion?

Answer:
MostLikely.gif

Answer:
VeryDoubtful.gif

Answer:
MostLikely.gif

Answer:
VeryDoubtful.gif

clapping2.gif
clapping2.gif
clapping2.gif

That is some effective avoiding of the real issues. And CD is probably the most reasonable poster in here yet you still refuse to answer his questions. Speaks volumes. Stuck at 1(one) I suppose

What is the question? If somebody has a question that I am supposed to answer, please address it to me directly using my name so I know you are asking me.

Now in regard to general info I went out of my way to say to R2K2 already (I will highlight in bold the important parts)

As I posted in another thread, based on a whole lot of time searching the internet, what my unscientific finds are that the drug trade from South America is the biggest factor influencing crime on the ABCs with different variations and intensities of drug related crimes.

Percentages and comparisons about the crime on Bonaire are difficult to say since like many tourist destinations there is a lot of pressure to sugar coat or under report anything negative that might effect the tourism market.

Based on the information available, the first hand reports and any other bits of information that can be assembled, it appears that chances of crime based on your personal items in your accomodations go up dramatically for condos and private residences not part of resorts or diving complexes. The vast majority of the reports over the last year seem to be from people staying at rental units and condos, where there is less security and less people around such as hotel staff and such.

Many reports of break ins while people are sleeping in their rooms, reports of people seeming to wake up to discover somebody in their room and then wake up again in the morning to find their room ransacked, seemingly pointed to some sort of chloroform like drub being used on them.

Some reports of safes being broken into etc...

There has been some attributes of the recent up swing in the crime there to a gang that got out of prison and went back to what got them sent away in the first place. Reports were that they were caught and were going away again. But the tendency for little reporting of these things hasn't seen many updates or verifications of this.

Does it mean you'll be a victim on Bonaire? No it doesn't. It means your chances will go down if you stay in bigger hotel/dive operations, your chances will go down if you take some of the unfortunate safe guards you might need to take because of the crime issues and reduce your risk.

Most of this has been documented here and on bonairetalk.com.

How much clearer does it need to be? As I said there are no statistics compiled to refer to. As I said you have to assemble it all yourself. As I said from posts here and on bonairetalk.com

Use the search button and do it yourself before you demand to be spoon fed all the data. Geeze, what em I your momma's???

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom