OMS Slipstream Staps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude:
I'd love your friend's info as well. These things seem great for travel, and I figure if I can get used to them locally, then I only have to worry about one set of fins! Plus hauling my gear around town would be several pounds lighter... also, the slightly larger foot pocket should help me avoid having to buy Turtles for drysuit diving, since XL Jets are an iffy proposition with rock boots...

Info sent! :D

well according to my LDS, a new shipment from OMS is coming in next week so I'll hopefully get a chance to try them soon. :D

lmorin:
What is the actual weight of a pair of Slipstreams?

They are extremely light...I would guess about 2 pounds for the pair but I will know shortly for certain and post for you.

I know that they hardly add any weight to my dive bag now and that is nice! :D

I was just at my LDS checking them out. They are pretty light but slightly heavier than your standard rec paddle fin... Noticeably lighter than the equivalent size Jetfin. Stiffness wise, very similiar to the jetifins. Sadly they didn't get a size L in with their shipment and the XL is too big with the wetboots that I use. Ended up picking up a pair of Quattro Excels instead for a dive trip starting tomorrow.

Have read that OMS Slipstream's XL is identical to SP jet's XL in foot sizing. Could anybody advise about OMS XXL in comparison with Scubapro XXL? I have 11 Rockboots and nighter ScubaPro's XL nor XXL works for them. So i wondering about Splitstream XXL size.

P.S. I know about Turtles, but want to try something else

Have read that OMS Slipstream's XL is identical to SP jet's XL in foot sizing.

That's basically true, except the XL slipstream foot pockets are half inch deeper (as measured at the bottom of the foot pocket) resulting in about 7% more total volume than XL jets. I have both, they are almost identical, when I put the foot pockets against each other they match.

May I add another question regarding these fins?

Is the foot pocket any 'softer' than the SP jets? The pockets of my jets are killing my feet after multiple dives, I believe because the pocket is so stiff.

I also was looking at the OMS fins because I saw in another thread they arent as heavy as the jets....which is another concern of mine - my feet are sinking.

IMO the pockets weren't really much (if any) softer, just different material but still stiff. Maybe they'll soften over time.

My feet hurt too in both XL jets and XL slipstreams unless I have the straps set just right, which is to say sort of loose, just tight enough that my feet don't slip inside the fins but exerting very little pressure beyond that.

What about you? Did you find the slipstreams better for your feet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom