OMS Slipstream Staps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
Got my OMS Slipstream fins today, and I'm impressed with the design! The vents look GREAT! The spring straps won't arrive until later, and I'm having a little trouble with the buckle system on the OMS straps. I'm used to the usual "grab and pull" of regular fin straps, but these have rather fine looking buckles on them... Any advice? Is there a technique for these things?

Set them to fit the foot first and then just stretch it over your heel. Do not try to adjust on the foot. The saying is...set 'em and forget 'em. Meaning you only have to do it once and they will stretch to go on each time you dive them!

I love mine...I hope that helps! kamala

I realy like my OMS fins. I tryed Turtle/SP jets and there just as good. I use SP jet spring straps because they fit perfectly. Hope you like them If not I will take them :)

I actually have 2 Pair (XL & XXL) for Dry and Wet. I put on the Spring straps for Diving Dry as they seem easier, but will use the stock straps for Diving Wet. I also notice that with the reduced weight, my trim is better.

May I add another question regarding these fins?

Is the foot pocket any 'softer' than the SP jets? The pockets of my jets are killing my feet after multiple dives, I believe because the pocket is so stiff.

I also was looking at the OMS fins because I saw in another thread they arent as heavy as the jets....which is another concern of mine - my feet are sinking.

johnnyseko:
May I add another question regarding these fins?

Is the foot pocket any 'softer' than the SP jets? The pockets of my jets are killing my feet after multiple dives, I believe because the pocket is so stiff.

I also was looking at the OMS fins because I saw in another thread they arent as heavy as the jets....which is another concern of mine - my feet are sinking.

The foot pocket is much softer (I had the same issue) and they are significantly lighter. :)

At first I was used to the weight of the SP jets and thought my new OMS fins were too 'light'. However now that I've been wearing them my feet have adjusted quite nicely and they feel wonderful on my feet! After diving a liveaboard last week coming up 4-6 times a day and pulling off my fins...it was VERY nice to have them be lighter. Also since I travel to dive most of the time...I save about 6-7 pounds in my luggage! Now THAT is very nice! :D

Other than weight they look the same, function the same and perform the same in the water. They are just much lighter but don't require that I add any add'l lead. I was worried at first that I would need to add lead since the SP jets weigh so much. But even diving dry my lead needs have remained constant so even that was not a drawback in my case as I thought it would be.

Of course since a friend of mine is a manufacturer's rep he can get great deals on OMS gear so that helps keep the wallet from being so light! :wink:

I have the OMS Thrust fins and they are stiff as a board, really takes some power(which I don't have) to "thrust" through the water. The dry suit boot really fits well into the Thrust fin pocket. Are the slipstream fins stiff? From the posts, the slipstreams appear to be quite comfortable (and affordable). I have been purchasing all OMS gear from liesure pro (other than the BP and wing which I bought in MH city) and have not been disappointed yet. Any other sources I should be looking to?

Skip C

I'm following this thread too as also interested in the Slipstreams.

The OMS website says it comes in 4 sizes, but after a search around the internet, only two sizes are sold, XXL and XL. Further, the description at Leisure Pro calls it L/XL. I wonder if OMS decided to only offer two sizes and make the XL a tad smaller.

Skipp:
I have the OMS Thrust fins and they are stiff as a board, really takes some power(which I don't have) to "thrust" through the water. The dry suit boot really fits well into the Thrust fin pocket. Are the slipstream fins stiff? From the posts, the slipstreams appear to be quite comfortable (and affordable). I have been purchasing all OMS gear from liesure pro (other than the BP and wing which I bought in MH city) and have not been disappointed yet. Any other sources I should be looking to?

Skip C

Total different fin from the Thrust fin. No the slipstream is not a split fin...it looks just like the SP Jetfin sans the weight and stiffness.

I'll send you my friend's info...you can check with him to see how he compares to LP and other sources of discounted gear.

Is "MH city" Morehead City, NC? If so that is my favorite place in the world to dive! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom