OMS Slipstream Staps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
For those who have used both the slipstreams and the jets, how's the stiffness of the slipstreams? I'm looking to get a second set of lighter fins for travel (the jets are just too heavy). Also good to hear the foot pocket is softer as I need to wear socks with my jets, otherwise I'll get blisters over a multi-day dive trip.

I have experienced no loss in 'stiffness' when diving. I have lost about 5-6 pounds in my luggage and the softer foot pocket is great!

Note: When I first switched I felt like a duck out of water...my feet felt too light :11: But within about 3-4 dives I adjusted and soon no longer noticed any difference. Now it just feels like I'm diving. I dive dry so originally got the Scubapro fins to keep my feet from being floaty...but truth is my feet were too heavy so now I can achieve better trim. Just another 2psi...

johnnyseko:
Still waiting for Leisurepro to get the XL Slipstreams in stock...:coffee:

If you'd like I'll pm you my friend's info...he has them in stock and offers the best deals on OMS! (He even gets out of stock and new items first!) :D

WW, thanks for the feedback. Actually in my case, my feet feel slightly heavy when I dive a single tank/ thin wetsuit with jetfins, so hopefully Slipstreams would be a bonus to my trim on top of lightening my travel bag! :D

pakman:
So Fish, how are you liking your new Slipstreams?

For those who have used both the slipstreams and the jets, how's the stiffness of the slipstreams? I'm looking to get a second set of lighter fins for travel (the jets are just too heavy). Also good to hear the foot pocket is softer as I need to wear socks with my jets, otherwise I'll get blisters over a multi-day dive trip.

I love them!! I dove them in Vortex a couple of weeks ago. Until now, I've used a set of Cressi-Sub fins that are VERY stiff. The OMS Slipstreams are light, move through the water nicely, and deliver good power. They also come off easily, and Stu, (Wayward Son) made me a set of custom springstraps for $49, and shipped them to me within three days. They are really comfortable, and to my mind, they are the perfect fin.

pakman:
WW, thanks for the feedback. Actually in my case, my feet feel slightly heavy when I dive a single tank/ thin wetsuit with jetfins, so hopefully Slipstreams would be a bonus to my trim on top of lightening my travel bag! :D

Then they should be perfect for you!

I have not dove them with my doubles but I have with full drysuit, thermals and steel 105...they did great. Heck I'm so heavy with my doubles that the lighter feet will be good! :D

Hi Wreck Wench,

I've tried mailing your friend without response.

SangP

SangP:
Hi Wreck Wench,

I've tried mailing your friend without response.

SangP

Please try again...he was out of town and did not have email access. I just followed up and he says he is awaiting your msg. But catch him before Monday as he leaves for NY to do the BTS show.

Or you can pm me and I'll forward your info to him!

I finally got a chance to try this out in something deeper then a pool. The fit great and I have to admit I like them better then my splits. I used the XS scuba spring straps instead of the OMS. Nice set of srtaps and the price wasn't to bad either. I wore 6.5 mm booties and still had plenty of room. For my two cents these are great fins.

Wreck Wench:
If you'd like I'll pm you my friend's info...he has them in stock and offers the best deals on OMS! (He even gets out of stock and new items first!) :D
I'd love your friend's info as well. These things seem great for travel, and I figure if I can get used to them locally, then I only have to worry about one set of fins! Plus hauling my gear around town would be several pounds lighter... also, the slightly larger foot pocket should help me avoid having to buy Turtles for drysuit diving, since XL Jets are an iffy proposition with rock boots...

Back
Top Bottom