OMS Slipstream Staps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveFass:
I'm following this thread too as also interested in the Slipstreams.

The OMS website says it comes in 4 sizes, but after a search around the internet, only two sizes are sold, XXL and XL. Further, the description at Leisure Pro calls it L/XL. I wonder if OMS decided to only offer two sizes and make the XL a tad smaller.

You are right...OMS currently has 2 sizes available and is waiting for enough sales to justify the $30k in tooling to do the next size which will be med/lg.

If you want med/large then send OMS an email asking for them. Customer input is always important. :)

The XL is a standard XL if not slightly bigger. My XL SP fins were always snug when I went to pull it off but I have no trouble pulling the OMS slipsreams off. Others have told me that the fin pocket is a bit bigger than the SP fins.

Fish_Whisperer:
Okay... I'll set them up tonight, when I get home, then. Thank you so much, Kamala! :thumb:

Did you get it figured out?

I just got a new pair of these and they fit great. I was looking at the spring straps for these and I can't decide what size to go with. Right now I have the straps on the furthest point out on the adjustment.The fins are XL and I wear a size 12 boot.

Pull the straps forward to pop them out of the grove by the buckle then you can move the slide down and adjust em.

phatso-29:
I just got a new pair of these and they fit great. I was looking at the spring straps for these and I can't decide what size to go with. Right now I have the straps on the furthest point out on the adjustment.The fins are XL and I wear a size 12 boot.

Pull the straps forward to pop them out of the grove by the buckle then you can move the slide down and adjust em.

To determine what size spring straps you need measure from pin to pin (that is the pin that holds the buckle to the fin) with your bootie on and foot in fin. Measure around the heel from pin to pin. Then you can go to your LDS with this measurement and they will use a chart to tell you what size you need. If this chart is not on the internet then I know of people who can help and get you a good deal. They did for me! :D

Wreck Wench:
The foot pocket is much softer (I had the same issue) and they are significantly lighter. :)

Woohooo!!! :yeahbaby:

These are now at the top of the list for new gear purchases!! I'm going to have a look around for prices. My feet and I are extremely excited right now.:D

So if I have XL Jets, then I should go with XL OMS?

johnnyseko:
Woohooo!!! :yeahbaby:

These are now at the top of the list for new gear purchases!! I'm going to have a look around for prices. My feet and I are extremely excited right now.:D

So if I have XL Jets, then I should go with XL OMS?

Yep! Go with the same size but you'll have a bit more room in them...and yes much softer!

Would you like my friend's info? He might help you get the best deal? I'll pm it if you like. -ww

Wreck Wench:
Would you like my friend's info? He might help you get the best deal? I'll pm it if you like. -ww

Yes please. Sounds great, thanks!:wink:

So Fish, how are you liking your new Slipstreams?

For those who have used both the slipstreams and the jets, how's the stiffness of the slipstreams? I'm looking to get a second set of lighter fins for travel (the jets are just too heavy). Also good to hear the foot pocket is softer as I need to wear socks with my jets, otherwise I'll get blisters over a multi-day dive trip.

Ha! I wore socks under my boots with my Jetfins all week on vacation....:wink: My feet were still all torn up.:11doh:

Still waiting for Leisurepro to get the XL Slipstreams in stock...:coffee:

johnnyseko:
Ha! I wore socks under my boots with my Jetfins all week on vacation....:wink: My feet were still all torn up.:11doh:

but black socks with shorties on just look so unfashionable...:eyebrow:

Well look fwd to hearing how you like them. Trying to streamline my vacation travel gear and the Slipstreams would save a lot on weight vs my jetfins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom