old scuba park ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travisdude

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
does this look right? if it does not rain too bad Saturday, me and my son are going to try out the old park. met the old man once and decided not to dive his park. now i get a chance:D

Attachments

• old scuba park overlay.jpg
    old scuba park overlay.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 160
  • old scuba park overlay 2.jpg
    old scuba park overlay 2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 152
  • dive_spot2sp.jpg
    dive_spot2sp.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 160
well we found the old park but it did not look anything like the old map. unless we were totally turned around, the large boat is now surrounded by other boats. is that right or is there another larger boat out by itself as shown by the map?

Attachments

• scubapark.jpg
    scubapark.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 166
So now the question is ... is it accessible by land or only by sea or in this case lake...

Thanks

And when you want a job as Oilfield Trash (Of which I be) I know a couple of geologist who could use your map skills...

Charlie

as far as i know, only by sea. the land was bought and another million dollar home put on it.

The larger "shrimping boat" was moved and dropped into the orchard.
People have talked about moving it but with the deterioration and the trees its unlikely to be moved.

Hope it was a fun dive.
Andrew

well we found the old park but it did not look anything like the old map. unless we were totally turned around, the large boat is now surrounded by other boats. is that right or is there another larger boat out by itself as shown by the map?

i may be slow, but when you say orchard do you mean in the trees past the drop off. around 80ft we did see a 30-35 ft boat, but did not look like a shrimp boat. could you post a crude map of where you are talking about? and yes we had a great time thanks.

Don’t be so hard on yourself- it’s all water logged wood.

I will check this weekend with a buddy of mine try and get some specifics.

A couple of years ago we talked about lifting a boat out of the trees and moving it to a deep section outside of windy point park- never really transpired.

Depth off the top of my head was 110ft or more.
I will try and get some details.

Regards, Andrew

we found the cluster of large boats and then followed a rope over some kind of large holding tank. we continued following the rope over the drop off and stopped at a tree at 115 feet. i thought the rope stopped there, but not sure. we were about to go into deco and decided to to up.

i was there about a week or so ago ... dropped down onto the boats at about 55-60 ... followed the rope over the overturned semi-trailer (tank) ... then on to the wall ... vis was decent for the first half ... but was a bit "milky" in some areas

anyways ... from what i could see most things were still connected with lines

fun dive if you have a boat

another great dive at the old park. found even larger boat that look more like the last boat on the map plus a few that were not on the map. with vis being about 10 ft and ropes going in all directions, it is easy to get turned around. a compass is a must on this dive. after spending time exploring the boats we only had a short time to check out the wall and head up for a safety stop. still want to find the shrimp boat in the trees. crazyduck did you ever make that dive? we did see a dive reel left on the bow. thought that might be yours from another boat we saw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom