Old Mesh Dive Bag - Strap Pulled out - Who can fix??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brules

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So my old Deep Outdoors Bahia Mesh Bag finally is giving up the ghost.......one of the hsoulder straps pulled out of the joint it was sewn into on the heavy duty rubber bottom (2 seams - it was inserted into it and sewn).

My question is - if anyone knows - where could I take this to have it sewn? I don't think a standard seamstress sewing set up could punch through the rubber and strap.......second thought was a shoe repair place?

Love my bag - comparable Stahlsac is at least $60+......thought I might get it fixed locally for $10?

Anyone had anything like this repaired before?

Pic of what it looks like:

Deep-Outdoors-Bahia-Deluxe-Mesh-Backpack-Bag-With-Waterproof-Pocket.jpg

Suggestions?

If you want to sew it a shoe maker would be my best guess. Another option would be to use pop rivets to put it back together.

second thought was a shoe repair place?
That's what I'd try. Some years ago I had one sew thru two thicknesses of velcro into a canvas bag.

I would also say check a shoe repair place - though they may want more than $10. You might pass the point where it may be more cost effective jsut to get a new one. I gave up the ghost on my Stalsac mesh finally and am now using the one below. I like it better than the Stalsac actually.
Akona Deluxe Mesh Backpack (AKB234)

Cool, will try shoe repair shop, if no go, will have to get a new one.......thought of upholstry shop as well.......

Didn't want to do pop rivets as I figured they would rip out the rubber much easier......

Pop rivets alone will not work very well, you need washers on both sides for this to work. I use pop rivets with washers and seat belt webbing to make diving harnesses and have never had a problem yet.

Yeah none of those around Little Rock. I think this upholstry/ragtop repair place will fit the bill. Will know tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom