Great Lakes diving for beginners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Marie13 Thank you for the great thread!

I am in Metro Detroit, just finished my OW class and pool, headed to Grand Cayman to do my checkout dives in late April

My LDS is Rec Diving, they are down at Gilboa Quarry just about every weekend in the summer and do a few trips to Munising and Thunder Bay.

I grew up camping, swimming, snorkeling and fishing on Lake Huron, and that is one of the biggest reasons I wanted to get in to diving.

This thread is really helpful, it is much appreciated. Let me know if you come over to Huron this summer, I know an outfit that dives out of Port Sanilac or would drive up to Thunder Bay if we had a group!

Double Action - the DRIS charter op - has a boat out of Sanilac! I’m coming over to Sanilac for Memorial Day weekend. Saturday PM and Sunday AM charters. I’ve already got them booked. I have an unlimited season pass through the end of June, when I'll re-up. The stuff I've got booked for Memorial Day weekend is deeper, though, as it sounds you're going to be a new diver. Mary Alice B, 90ft; Regina, 85ft; North Star, 100ft.

This is the new Double Action boat, Seaquest II.

SeaQuest II - Double Action Dive Charters

I don't think I'll be getting up to Thunder Bay this summer. My big 50th birthday trip is to the Straits of Mackinac in June. I'm also doing Tobermory in July.

Darn. Yeah, those might be too deep for this year.

But their other shallow trips look perfect.

Thanks for the leads

Darn. Yeah, those might be too deep for this year.

But their other shallow trips look perfect.

Thanks for the leads

You want nice shallow wrecks? Come over to Chicago! Let me know when you'd be coming for a weekend, and I'll do my best to be on the boat unless I'm out of town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom