Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SURGE to Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm bringing my GoPro. A lot of the Crew were talking about their cameras and gear in the thread
Backscatter at the Cayman Brac Surge--Info on Classes, Photography Help, and Demo Gear

Are you into photography Jax?

Yes . . . but I am avoiding video like the plague! Last thing I need is another time-consuming, expensive hobby! :D

I dive with a G10, and it is a pretty good camera. I have a Nikon D300 that I love for doing the real stuff. The weight allowance thing is making me hem and haw . . . .

Yes . . . but I am avoiding video like the plague! Last thing I need is another time-consuming, expensive hobby! :D

I've been videoing for a while now, but still trying to get the hang of it. Post processing is very time consuming. I think that my biggest hurtle is time. Just not enough time in a day for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
I've been videoing for a while now, but still trying to get the hang of it. Post processing is very time consuming. I think that's my biggest hurtle is time. Just not enough time in a day for me.
I know, right? Some beautiful productions out there.

@ROXANNE -- What do you know about the AC at the place we are going?

Trying to decide between longsleeve Tshirts or a hoody.

Your rooms have individual A/C. That will be between you and your room mate, lol. The bar is open with fans.
I'm bringing short to sleeveless tops/dresses and a light jacket. It easier to add layers when needed than to have things that are too heavy.

Last edited:
Your rooms have individual A/C. That will be between you and your room mate, lol. The bar is open with fans.
I'm bringing short to sleeveless tops/dresses and a light jacket. It easier to add layers when needed than to have things that are too heavy.
Awesome! A hoody for breakfast, then . . . :wink: .

YAY! We're finally settled thanks to help from Al at Bay adventures :monkeydance:.
Cayman Airways had us coming in Sunday morning, we were bummed because that meant:
A. 12 hours in MIA on Saturday
B. Arrive to GC at 9 pm...nothing to do, too late to sight see.....
C. 7am flight to CB on Sunday morning=miss all the welcome festivities...miss the morning boat....:mad:have to listen to you all gush at how wonderful the diving was...

Just hoping our travel insurance will take care of us. This will be our litmus test. We've never purchased travel insurance before and I just purchased it yesterday morning , 4 hours before our flight was cancelled.

See you all soon!!! :grouphug2: :cheers:

I didn't find out until after the trip that Jim brought an underwater case for iPhone 7. Would have loved to play around with that. My bad for not attending his sessions. Live and learn.

A BIG thank you to Roxanne and Dennis and all others that put this trip together. My first ScubaBoard trip outside of the Ginnie Springs Spring and Fall gatherings! I had a blast and did some excellent snorkeling just West of the resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom