Old Mesh Dive Bag - Strap Pulled out - Who can fix??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tack shop, since you're a "scuba cowboy". :wink:

So my old Deep Outdoors Bahia Mesh Bag finally is giving up the ghost.......one of the hsoulder straps pulled out of the joint it was sewn into on the heavy duty rubber bottom (2 seams - it was inserted into it and sewn).

My question is - if anyone knows - where could I take this to have it sewn? I don't think a standard seamstress sewing set up could punch through the rubber and strap.......second thought was a shoe repair place?

Love my bag - comparable Stahlsac is at least $60+......thought I might get it fixed locally for $10?

Anyone had anything like this repaired before?

Pic of what it looks like:

Deep-Outdoors-Bahia-Deluxe-Mesh-Backpack-Bag-With-Waterproof-Pocket.jpg

Suggestions?

OK here we go;
If you are handy you can use Horse Harness Copper Rivets. These Rivets are solid copper and also use a Washer, they never come appart and dont rust. Remember you want to support the Rivets with a pice of Leather on either side.

Harness Rivets are sold in Tack Shops. A smal Leather Patch (Nylon webbing will also work) you can purchase cheaply at a Tandy Leather Store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom