Old diver, new to forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canoe2u

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,

Yes, old diver here. First certified with NAUI in 1976 and did an instructor course 1984 never instructed, but worked for a few summers diving on marine biology projects. Only a warm water diver now when on vacation. Having been out of the dive world for some time I’m amazed at all the courses and certifications available today that wasn’t even conceived of when I started. Certainly will enjoy the banter and if I chip in hopefully I won’t sound too much like a crusty old salt lol.

Another old diver, but certified in 2005. Here in NS. Where in Canada are you from?

Another old diver, but certified in 2005. Here in NS. Where in Canada are you from?
From Halifax originally. Did many dives around Chebucto Head and all along that portion of the coast. Loved the wrecks along there but haven’t been there since the eighties. Living in NB now. Are you diving here or like me, leave it to the southern resorts? Chris

From Halifax originally. Did many dives around Chebucto Head and all along that portion of the coast. Loved the wrecks along there but haven’t been there since the eighties. Living in NB now. Are you diving here or like me, leave it to the southern resorts? Chris
We did snowbird 3 months to the FL panhandle (Destin mainly) & AL & Miss. But since the pandemic it's been Nova Scotia winters and mainly St. Margarets Bay dives (you know, Paddys Head, Fox Point, etc.). I do get to NY 7 weeks each summer (originally from Yonkers) and get in some dives in Connecticut, NJ & Long Island, but shore diving there generally sucks. And, where to park where you don't need a town sticker....?
Do you dive in Fundy?

I did my first course in1976 and I'm older but not old, what's up with you people, turn your mirrors around

We did snowbird 3 months to the FL panhandle (Destin mainly) & AL & Miss. But since the pandemic it's been Nova Scotia winters and mainly St. Margarets Bay dives (you know, Paddys Head, Fox Point, etc.). I do get to NY 7 weeks each summer (originally from Yonkers) and get in some dives in Connecticut, NJ & Long Island, but shore diving there generally sucks. And, where to park where you don't need a town sticker....?
Do you dive in Fundy?
Haven’t done any diving in New Brunswick, did a few dives in the Northumberland Strait- was for work, boring but relatively warm compared to the Atlantic side.

We’re twins! NAUI in 1976. I’m 65 yrs young. Still at it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom