Oktoberfest megadive 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK gang...

I was doing a gig for DEMA at the AARP convention in Orlando today and got to meet with the peeps at Channel 13. We might have some coverage for the Halloween weekend. Woot! Nothing firm yet, and I will keep you advised as to our progress.

Whoo hoo!!!
Cool Beans!

yay! i get to meet helen!

Like you, I'm looking forward to meeting many more SBers. Its always funny when you finally put a name & face with the internet persona.
:)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hi,

I dive only for one year. How difficult is Ginnie Springs? Doe it require cavern certification?
what is the deal with the Mega dive for 3 days?

Thanks for any information

Rodolfo

Some notes on posts,... yes it is Oktobre, THANK GOD FOR COOLER WEATHER!
Kilt sometimes in attendance? ALWAYS IN ATTENDANCE!! I'm TheKiltedCraftsman!
Caving, there are some great spots from what I hear, (am not a caver), but I find cool stuff all over the place in every spot we go to. There is a cavern that is OW diveable. It has a lot of neat places to look around and explore, but the Galaxy Dive is NOT to be missed for first timers! It is also a night dive which was very cool for me on my first Galaxy Dive. The weekend event of 3 days is so everyone has a chance to camp and play. The main event though, (for the daytrippers) being from Breakfast (Brekkie in a baggie, a must experience event), to the hula dancing sheepherders from the great white North ,... Ay!) Also the Scotch Irish/Megafool Drumteam that KNOWS how to ROCK a place out!! THE FIRE CIRCLE!!! We had 60+ people sitting around the fire, jammin' and attracting the populace til late night last year. Funny enough, the partyhardy college kids came to US because their own parties were too lame! Figger DAT!

Last edited:
Note on items to bring,... I have just inherited 4 tents! I will bring them to site so if anyone does NOT have a tent, there is NO need to BUY one! The Megadive Mansion/Hotel/Insane Asylum is open for business! I also have a screen enclosure now. That will go over the party table that we always run to cover at 3am when Thor comes to visit. Not this year! I also have 4 drink coolers, apx five gallons each! So water and ice will be plentiful!!! the truck is working (at this point) and I have moved most of our gear to the castle, so we're only a few miles away to transport shtuff! I also inherited a camp kit with a coffee pot for the stove! We still have the big coffee urn, so anyone interested in coffee, there will be some! I may buy a brick of OMGWTFWT Cofee in a can for those who like sunrise dives at 4am! FREAKS!!! Yeh u know who u is b! COUGH,... (Jenny) Cough,...
A friend of mine is also diminshing his lumber pile, so the treb may make an appearance. Ammo of choice has become,... Soggy marshmallows! (I am still working on Jello bombs.) As for firewood, if the truck stays functional I may be able to drop a load in the fire area. "Load of firewood, Fool, drop a load of FIREWOOD!!!" Sheesh! I must apologize for that,... <whispers> He's from Lake County. Write slow and use a big crayon.

Camille and I can't wait! We are actually are going to camp Thursday night, get a head start! Not sure what we will bring in the way of food/drinks/snacks, but will post when we figure it out. Cant' wait! Scooter dive!:crafty:

Updated list of whos whos and whats whats... everyone please add your name even if your not sure what your bringing so we can get a head count.

MontanaFL, Scorpion2012 and nephew - Tortillas for breakfast, Ziploc freezer bags, 2-3 bags of chicken breasts.
ScubaJenny & Hermit Crab - S'mores fixins and other stuff...
NetDoc & MsElenaous - Matta Ewes, and fried chicken.
Heath Sapp - 100 hamburgers, a possible wild (but hopefully dead) pig, Rum for Jen-ny and some Jack.
Cardzard and Roxanne - Gallaxy gear (enjoy the show :popcorn:), a lg cooler full of water, diet and nondiet sodas, and juices for the kids. A large bag of charcoal, 1 lg pkg. of brats., 1 lg pkg. of hot dogs and buns and my famous baked beans. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omelets.
Babyduck, Larry and Jameson - Paper towels, plastic silverware and paper plates.
Joystershell and Megamikey - Megamuffins, 1 or 2 gals. of OJ, eggs, cheese for the burgers and potato salad.
Jeandiver - Brats and buns , chips and dips/salsa , hamburgler bunnies (eek), bags for morning brekky, mustard(s).
Deepseawolf, Maneater, Vix and Hammerhead - Firecircle gear
confused.gif
, the infamous rum tote :drunks: , Our beloved dinner chef
redhot.gif
and his cooking gear (which sometimes includes a kilt).
Scubafool, Dawn ,John, and Helen - Breakfast fixins,firewood if possible, propane tank and lg stockpot for the MegoOmelets and our beloved breakfast chef :stirpot:.
BIGDOGDOWN I'm down I'll be there Friday, with some more eggs for brekkie, buns, and condiments.

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
2 -3 pkgs. of Buns for hamburgers (Heath Sapp is bringing the meat.)
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omelets (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (selfstarting)
Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, bbq sauce)
Side dishes (potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad,
veggie platter, fruit, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don't forget the deserts!)
Small plates (no styrofoam please) and extra plastic silverware for deserts.
Pumpkins (for carving and don't forget a candle)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Trick or Treat candy (for the kids big and small.)
And if anyone can bring firewood, that would be greatly appreciated!:gas:

So just pick something to bring and add your name to the list.
Hope this helps!

Camille and I can't wait! We are actually are going to camp Thursday night, get a head start! Not sure what we will bring in the way of food/drinks/snacks, but will post when we figure it out. Cant' wait! Scooter dive!:crafty:
We're glad to have the 2 of you join us. Just wanted to remind you that all the ScubaBoarders will be camping at the Turkey Roost section, so set up there.

Here is the link again to Ginnie Springs for all the newbies who are coming and for the others who have questions about the site. So check out all the amenities. :D
Camping at Ginnie Springs Outdoors, in High Springs Florida.

:fallmega:​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom