Oktoberfest megadive 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice!!!

Mark and Chad and high probably of my 14 year nephew Kenny. He wil be going through scuba certification in September. IF his grades and conduct in school are good, he will be tagging along.

ok - so I'm going and thru me I have 3 others marked as yes now on Facebook invite (Bonnie +1, Rusty & Glen +1) with two maybes (Dave & Gene) and I have two in my mailbox with questions b4 they will commit one way or the other

Specifically - are we all staying at the Turkey Roost location? No other reservation needed?
We pay at the main building and we're set for the weekend?
What all type of events will be set up (I know Galaxy dive on Saturday)
BYOB / BYOF ?
anything else you think newbie megadivers would need to know is cool too :) thnkx

OK , finally got caught up reading the thread.

NICE SIGS and EVERYTHING !!!! :fallmega:

Anyone up for a little cavin btw?

AND you guys can pick on me again. I am ONLY diving sidemount now...
(I remember the reel Xmas tree...) EEK

Anyway , BEANO will be there Friday thru Sunday.

CAN'T WAIT !!!! (SMILE)

Beano

P.S. Just dove Ginnie two weeks ago. Flow was up , but not too terrible.
I'll leave that up to JaJa for conditions ( :D )

Dang with all of the FANCY stuff flying around this thread , we better get a BIG CROWD...
I'lll have to increase my BRAT totals etc.

Do we have a running list of peeps coming? If not, can someone compile such a list?

:confused:
20_kent_chicks.jpg
:confused:

:eyebrow:

OK, so it was before the intrepid DeepSeaWolf coined the term and made it what it is today, but thought it would be humorous to share one of the earliest Ginnie Springs-Scubaboard get-togethers that I'm aware of.......Pete's off to the left of the photo, I'm helping hold the sign......other divers I remember are the long-gone Wendy (holding sign, in wetsuit), pdoege (red-head behind us)........

Scubaboard-Ginnie_Springs.jpg

As always, wish Ginnie was just a bit closer to home; but for a weekend, it's just a tough drive for me to make.

Wow... I even remember that get together! How fun, and that was my first dive in Ginnie's Ballroom.

Several of those divers' screen names are on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite remember.....I think the balding gentleman in the back row was something like ABQDiver; maybe the guy who's knee I'm resting on was Kurt (?)...and HarleyDiver directly behind him? I need to hunt down my log book to figure out when this was.

My first time to Ginnie, too. It was Memorial Day weekend and the college kids were out in force.
Edit: Looked it up...it was May 2003, my 49th dive. :)
Others are JaxDiver, the far back behind Wendy to the left; Dr. Jay is the youngest one to the far right; I believe his GF is/was the young lady to the far left.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom