Oktoberfest megadive 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everybody. I'd love to go. Can someone please send me some details on the trip? You know, the basics like: Cost, is there camping (tent), how many dive etc. I'm sorry, but I'm a newbie to these parts, so I need all the help I can get lol.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Ok, here is the quicky rundown. This event is open to everybody, as it is a family event. All dive levels. If you don't have a buddy, don't worry, there are a bunch of us! And there are plenty of non divers too.. Ginnie does have tanks to rent.
Tent camping. No need to make reservations. When you get to the Main Office, tell them you are with ScubaBoard. We have the Turkey Roost area reserved. Some think Motel 6 is roughing it.. and that's OK too.. but you miss a lot of the fun!
Food:
Friday- On your own. Some will go out to dinner, some will cook at the campsite. It's up to you. Some just drink beer.. fool...:D
Here's a thought... how about we try to go a bit more environmentally friendly and everybody bring their own plates, cups and utensils?
Saturday-
Brekky- MegaOmlettes, group buffet style. Sorta. Bring something that is yummy for the omlettes, or a side (orange juice, muffins, camp coffee pot with filters, etc.)
Late Lunch/Early Dinner- group buffet style. Sorta. MontanaFL is cooking this year. It may be interesting. :wink: Somewhere between the diving and telling of stories, we eat again. Bring something to share.. desserts, fruit plate, plastic, cups, water, etc..
There will be a list probably started soon on what everybody's bringing. Basically, just add your name to the list of what you are intending to bring.
Sunday Brekky- Whatever is left over from the previous days. MegaOmlettes
Campfire- Friday and Saturday night. We keep it a (little) low key on Friday in anticipation of the diving on Saturday. Saturday night, all bets are off while still keeping it legal! LOL
Oh, and the most important thing (I can't believe I didn't mention this first!!!) Noobs to the MegaDive bring the RUM!!! :D

other things besides rum, a tent, some food, a chair, and dive gear that you need to bring...

if you have a grass skirt or coconut bra, now's the time.

if you have a working model trebuchet or catapult, now's the time.

if you have small children, they are welcome. old folks are, too, especially if they're willing to babysit.

you'll need a halloween costume that diving in it won't hurt it or you. you'll need halloween decorations for your tent area if you want to keep up with the joneses - otherwise known as the 'fools.

if you play guitar or similar that will be good around the campfire, now's the time.

megadive is great! oh, and thanks for the pic of the original band of miscreants above!

WHOA!!! Who said anything about my cooking? I burn water. I will help but please - for the safety of all attending - dont let me cook. I will bring food, drink, MUR, whatever, but no cooking. PLEASE?

I may have embleshished a bit - I dont burn water. How can you burn water? (Insert Pete's explanation.) Whatever I am asked to do I will do. I cant wait for this and gr8ful - you are in for some a good time with some great people.

Concerning Baby Duck's post.. Don't Ask. Really. You may regret it. Just bring those additional items. :D :D :D
Also about the decorating of tents. Watch out for Dawn, she likes to decorate other's tents. Late at night. With items from a bathroom...:shakehead:

Enter exhibit #1 :D
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5407565-post34.html
MontanaFL AKA Cook:
I want to help out as much as possible but I don't know if you want me to cook but I will give it a try.
Oh - I am volunteering Chad as well.
You'll do fine. It's just the big meal on Saturday. :D Others will take care of the brekkies..

I will be there can't want to put faces with the names be there friday night through Sunday I can help cook. I will do what I can do to help. Send more info there may be 6-7 with me 3 -4 divers then are others.:cool2:

I will be there can't want to put faces with the names
Thank Goodness! We always look so silly without our faces! It's about time someone volunteered to do that for us! :D :D :D

Hopefully he won't find the rum first...:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom