OK, so I want it easy: What software for post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you do anything specific to export video out of the Quik software? I am more than happy with its editing features, but I find that as soon as I save it to my phone or export it out of the app in any way, the resulting file has very low quality. Blocky definition, grainy - very low resolution.

I’ve searched online and found several discussions around the issue, but no solutions.

Do you do anything specific to export video out of the Quik software? I am more than happy with its editing features, but I find that as soon as I save it to my phone or export it out of the app in any way, the resulting file has very low quality. Blocky definition, grainy - very low resolution.

I’ve searched online and found several discussions around the issue, but no solutions.

Nope, I don't do anything special. I've not run into that issue.

No. One button to push. BAM. Done. No adjustments supported. For myself and many others, that is all we need. If you want the ability to fiddle with the color correction, you need to use something else.

Not even a slider for level/intensity of application? For ex: Instagram effects have a slider than I can dial back to tell “apply the effect only 70%” for example. Too bad…

Not even a slider for level/intensity of application? For ex: Instagram effects have a slider than I can dial back to tell “apply the effect only 70%” for example. Too bad…

I lied!! Actually, I never looked into it until you asked. It does provide a slider to adjust the intensity of coloration. Pretty cool!! Thank you for your questioning. It got me to look a bit more closely!

The only iOS video editing up that supports manual color correct is Lumafusion. I've been using us for about a year, it works pretty well.

This was shot on a GP10 and then edited on Lumafusion.

It also runs on Mac OS too, but if you are primarily a Mac OS editor I would use FCPX. But I already own FCPX so cost is already sunk.

Nope, I don't do anything special. I've not run into that issue.
Thank you!
In case it helps others planning to use the Quik app - I think that the app adjusts the bitrate and resolution of exports depending on device capabilities, so if you have an older or cheaper phone you may run into the same issue as me (though mine is not that old, an iPhone X from 2017/18).

I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere official, and I’ve been too lazy to check on my wife’s newer phone - but this seems to be a reasonable guess.

I'm really bummed that MSFT no longer supports or provides the original good ol'e Windows Movie Maker... Just a simple storyboard that looked like a film strip... Insert clips, transitions, captions and music...... Voila!

I love Davinci Resolve. I used the free version for a year, and finally broke down and got the speed editor (basically free with the studio license).

It is way more than I'll ever fully use, but there is such a wealth of info on YouTube for any thing I'm trying to do. Once you get used to it, it can be very fast (even if you only use a couple of the features).

The auto color is decent, and the ability to quickly fix by selecting a white or back point is great. You can also quickly apply (literally one click) to all your clips once you have what you like.

It definitely can feel a bit intimidating at first. You can easily customize the layout though and remove things that you don't need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom