OK, so I want it easy: What software for post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just upgraded(?) from GP5 to GP10 for my upcoming (second) trip to Socorro. Candidly, I don't want to invest the time and learning curve in something like DaVinci Resolve to process my vids after the trip. I'm fine with 'decent' results for me, friends and family, and maybe a coupla YouTube vids. Any suggestions for a combination of UW presets and a less complex software package that will get me there? Or should I just go with Backscatter or PolarPro filters and call it done? Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about a Go Pro 10?

The go pro Quik app on a phone is about as easy as it gets - sync all your media to the phone and it will edit it together and throw music on it with basically no effort on your part. Then just push a button and upload it to YouTube

Are you talking about a Go Pro 10?

The go pro Quik app on a phone is about as easy as it gets - sync all your media to the phone and it will edit it together and throw music on it with basically no effort on your part. Then just push a button and upload it to YouTube
Yes, GoPro 10. My understanding is that the Quik app is history, no? I want the flexibility to edit it in post, but don't want every bell & whistle available in the software.

I do all of my GoPro editing on my iPhone. I use a combination of Quik, iOS built in photo/video editor, and Dive+ iOS app for one-button color correction. With those three apps along with YouTube, Facebook and Safari, I can do everything I care to do right on my phone.

Dive+ app will use AI to color correct your videos. It’s not perfect I never used it (prefer Resolve) and hence I don’t know if you can dial back some correction and add some manual tweaks if you don’t like some bits. Other users of the App can comment.

Dive+ app will use AI to color correct your videos. It’s not perfect I never used it (prefer Resolve) and hence I don’t know if you can dial back some correction and add some manual tweaks if you don’t like some bits. Other users of the App can comment.

I use it extensively. It is all I need. Resolve is WAY tooooo much for my simple needs. It is of course super powerful, but I have neither the need nor the inclination to put that much effort into it.

I use it extensively. It is all I need. Resolve is WAY tooooo much for my simple needs. It is of course super powerful, but I have neither the need nor the inclination to put that much effort into it.

So does it allow manual tweaking of effects?

So does it allow manual tweaking of effects?

No. One button to push. BAM. Done. No adjustments supported. For myself and many others, that is all we need. If you want the ability to fiddle with the color correction, you need to use something else.

One more thing to add on Dive+ that trips some people up. It is a smartphone app only. It isn't available on Windows or Mac. Just iOS and Android.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom