Oil level in Cornelius, please ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Externet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi.
When filled to 'Full' line in the sight; what level is supposed to show when compressor is running ?

Is there a Cornelius owner in the forum that can assist me with knowledge and experience ?

level.jpg

(Image borrowed from the web)

Most compressors (like cars & trucks) you check when empty. Can't see why this would be any different.

Normally it would be just a hair below the full line and drop a little during running (the oil is splashing up around in there). That gives you some buffer for oil consumption over time.

Thank you. Exactly my thoughts.
But level shows nothing (no level line at all) when running; that is why I want to compare with a Cornelius owner.

Thank you. Exactly my thoughts.
But level shows nothing (no level line at all) when running; that is why I want to compare with a Cornelius owner.
Is it oriented properly? Many air compressors are acutely sensitive to being at even a small angle or tilt. Required to be within a couple degrees of level is common. The "yachting" conversions are the exception, they often allow up to 20deg deviation from level.

Thank you, rjack.
It is properly mounted very level. Model is 130R2103 which may be the one called 'yacht' by some. Asked a knowledgeable person and confessed has never paid attention to check oil sight while running :(
Videos on youtube always show from a standing person 5' high camera view with never a 'floor level' close-up :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom