Oil change interval for Coltri MCH 11-13. 50 hr vs 250 hr?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aris Penaranda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Greetings!

I am seeing conflicting recommendations for compressor oil change intervals for the particular model MCH 11-13. 50 vs 250 hr is a big difference in oil cost and damage to the machine if not done correctly. I would be glad to hear your hands on experience with these machines as the manual itself is showing the conflicting information.
upload_2018-12-30_10-30-43.png

50hours is usually the Filter cartridge Change Interval
50 hour is the oil change inerval after the initial 50 hours
250 hours is the 50+ hours oil change interval using Coltri 750 syntetic oil

Use and maintenance manuals - Coltri Compressors
Click on your compressor model and go to approx page 50 and there is the oil change interval as above

However, as Coltri don't have a oil filter, changing oil earlier will help to lower wear and tear

Chris

I sell these and agree ... the translated manual sucks. I would take the advice of your compressor dealer since he/she will be taking care of you if there is a problem. I have my customers change their oil at or about 80 hours in the nice cool Northwestern US or about 50 hours in more tropical temps. The oil will tell you when it is time to change. If the color turns from the nice clear amber to opaque dark brown, get it out of there since it is either very dirty, burning or breaking down. Oil is expensive, but it is a LOT cheaper than replacing bearings or other parts that can be damaged by not changing.

The oil will tell you when it is time to change. If the color turns from the nice clear amber to opaque dark brown, get it out of there since it is either very dirty, burning or breaking down.

This is a very useful tip.Thanks
I anticipate to have around a 100 running hours on the compressor for a year, so 80 hours is already close.

It pretty much depends on:
which kind of oil you're using, mineral or synthetic(those days very few people still use the mineral one, and it is no longer recommended by the factory)
compressor room temperature
if you fill air only or nitrox as well(if you use mineral oil DO NOT fill nitrox)
Filter duration depend on:
filter model, hyper filter vs maxy filter(and how many you've, some model have more than one filter tower)
the temperature of the air coming out form the final stage, which is not the ambient temperature. In the manual you should have a conversion chart.
Either way, oil and filters, I would be very conservative. Better spend some more money today in oil or filter cartridges, than tomorrow in compressor or tanks maintenance.
Hope it helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom