Oh no! I have become ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimming snapping turtle-L-1.jpg
mudpuppy-head-gills.jpg
Esox_masquinongyeditcrop.jpg
images.jpg

I borrowed these images from Google. Snapper, Mudpuppy, Musky and Stinkpot. All common around the Great Lakes

We are a destination dive. You are fortunate to live and dive in the land of the Mudpuppy and Musky. Find one of these and you'll know why I still enjoy diving around the Great Lakes. Throw in the Stink Pots and Snappers and it usually ends up being a dive that rivals the best. Plus we aren't far from Gilboa Quarry. I hate to admit it, it's fun and worth the drive.

Cheers

I was at Gilboa in October and was confused to see at least one dive shop from Ontario there. I definitely didn't like the "stairs of death."

I was at Gilboa in October and was confused to see at least one dive shop from Ontario there. I definitely didn't like the "stairs of death."
Slippery when wet. And I have never seen the Paddlefish!

Stinkpots are common musk turtles. The snappers in question are common snappers, not to be confused with alligator snappers. Both species have a huge native range; I see them a lot walking along water bodies in southwestern Kentucky.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom